1979 - 1983 AMC Spirits and 1978 - 1983 AMC Concords > Concord Archives

Silver editon Concord?

<< < (3/5) > >>

IowaEagle:
For that money it had to go to an AMC'er.   Really nice to see a Concord go for that kind of money.

shanebo:
I agree...Not a car that really appeals to the mases. It doesnt really fall into that luxury catagory..lincoln cadillac etc...nor does it fall into the muscle car category...It can only be truly appreciated by a person who knows and loves their AMC's. No way anyone who wasnt an amc'er  would pay upwards of 8 grand for it....wish I had it in my garage :)

IowaEagle:
Concords when compared to their competition, Nova's, Mavericks, etc. were a bit more upscale when it came to their interiors and trim.

El Matador:

--- Quote from: IowaEagle on February 28, 2011, 06:14:47 AM ---Really nice to see a Concord go for that kind of money.
--- End quote ---

Speaking of Concords and big dollars... did anyone happen to see that gorgeous '78 survivor with 17,000 miles on the auction site last week?  The reserve wasn't met, and it was bid up to $7000.00.  Particularly impressive considering it was a base model four door sedan.  320659537940

There's another '78 on there this week, this one a two door with a factory 304 and only 43,000 miles.  Starts at $3000.00 and worth every cent of that if you ask me.  140518007501

I'd have to say that the Concord is probably the single most underrated AMC model, but they have really grown on me in the last few years.

IowaEagle:
Hemmings Classic Cars noted in a recent issue that the old Mom and Pop cars are growing in popularity mainly because they have not been highly collected, thus far, the prices are reasonable.  Unfortunately, they also go to the crusher quicker because they have not been collectible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version