News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 10:48:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: my first eagle...... im thinking i may name her Bridget??? lol PHOTO HEAVY!  (Read 5177 times)

Offline big_iron

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
so i finally got all those pics ive been promising for 2 weeks lol its gonna need a little more than previously thought now that ive done a better inspection of it but im still excited to get it on the road.

feel free to comment and give ideas and advise as im not sure what im gonna do with her now.
mixed martial artist are like pit bulls. were highly trained and bred to protect our family, our property, and ourselves. But when someone rattles the cage and gets bit they aim to put us down like their stupidity is our fault. I am a cage fighter, does that mean i want to hurt you outside the cage? No. will i stand there and let you beat me because im trained to fight inside the cage? No. If you pick a fight i will defend my self, regardless of my training or your lack of. if you get hurt i may feel bad but in the end the fault is yours. If your to stupid not to start something you cant finish the i suggest you stay on the porch.

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
one thing i would is get rid of that vinyl top and fix that rust before it becomes a bigger problem. as for the rest it looks to be in pretty good shape, now where are the pics of the underside and the engine.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
If it were mine I would remove the vinyl top,repair the rusted areas and replace the vinyl top.Can't beat a original car.Just my 2 cents!
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline thereverendbill

• Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
I want to know more about the 2 door sedan in those pictures ;D
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
Yeah whtf he said. Haha. Are you holding out¿  ?  ¿¿
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:46:49 PM by mudkicker715 »

Manitowoc WI

Offline big_iron

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
lol the 2 door is the one i posted about in cars for sale..... it on the list i cant get ahold of the owner tho i keep trying. and for pics of the engine and undercarage will have to wait till it cames back from the shop.... and the vinyl is going to come off havent decided if it will go back but after i paint it i will make my decision on that.
mixed martial artist are like pit bulls. were highly trained and bred to protect our family, our property, and ourselves. But when someone rattles the cage and gets bit they aim to put us down like their stupidity is our fault. I am a cage fighter, does that mean i want to hurt you outside the cage? No. will i stand there and let you beat me because im trained to fight inside the cage? No. If you pick a fight i will defend my self, regardless of my training or your lack of. if you get hurt i may feel bad but in the end the fault is yours. If your to stupid not to start something you cant finish the i suggest you stay on the porch.

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
Aside form the usual rust around the back window (which 90% of sedans do have) it looks to be a very nice car.The interior looks great too.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline big_iron

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
the back window as some surface rust but is actually solid believe it or not lol

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
Im glad you caught it before it became a major issue. Congradulations by the way....Shes a beauty.

Offline Hawk258

• Theoretical Customizer with Dilutions of engineering greatness
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • With Great horsepower comes great FUN!
Butterscotch. Nice looking, Good luck on the fix.

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
other prior vehicles include:
1985 Dodge (OMNI) charger
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit
1982 AMC Eagle wagon (Was going to be parts car)

Offline big_iron

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
i hope i can find the same color to repaint it after all the body work. i really like it.

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
When it comes time to repaint just go to most any reputable paint dealer and they can computer match the color either off a sample if your just spot painting or off the factory paint code....Ive had pretty good luck with sherwin williams automotive paints. There is a paint code chart on the Eaglepedia if I remember correctly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk