News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 02:16:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 4.0L Head and EFI swap  (Read 19222 times)

Offline thammerman

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
Re: 4.0L Head and EFI swap
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2018, 01:18:33 AM »
Wow, it's been hectic here with my new job and the holiday weekend.  I finaly got some time to work on the car yesterday.  I managed to get the engine put together, painted, installed in the car, and most of the electrical installed.  I thinned out the harnesses quite a bit, but I got in a rush and couldn't thin down the harness going to the tranny and inside the vehicle yet, but what I did pull out gave me a lot more room.  For my CPS I welded up some angle iron to hold a piece of flatstock above a hole I cut into the transmission housing.  I will hopefully get a chance to run the plumbing and rest of my vacuum lines tomorrow as I finally have a day off.  I'll add updates and hopefully some pictures of the process in a couple days.
I know it’s been a long time but I was wondering if you were still out there cargiy. I was hoping you had a picture of rigging the cps.

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2018, 08:40:21 AM »

I know it’s been a long time but I was wondering if you were still out there cargiy. I was hoping you had a picture of rigging the cps.

Looks like carguy last checked in about a year and a half ago.  His email address is shown in his profile, just click on his username in one of his posts.  You'll probably have the best luck emailing him directly.  Good luck!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline tougeagle

• Horses, rodeos, diesel trucks and AMC Eagles
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 75
  • There are many like it, but this one is mine
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2020, 04:25:54 AM »
I'm back guys, and can answer most questions about that build...it will all be from memory though
Upcoming 1982 Wagon "The Silver Bullet"
Goals: 550hp/600tq 4.5L EFI Turbo Stroker, Tremec 6 speed manual
2007 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 6 speed 600+hp/1400+tq fully deleted
1998 Honda Civic "the hoopdy"

What's your 'sona?

A dream car does not have to be beautiful in the eyes of others, it's not theirs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk