News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 05:49:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wagon in Boyd MT  (Read 4267 times)

Offline MontanaEagle

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 11
Wagon in Boyd MT
« on: March 21, 2011, 11:03:04 AM »
I went out to Cooney Reservoir to explore and fish, anymore when I'm driving, especially through ranch areas, I look at all the old cars to see if there are any Eagles around.  I didn't see this on the way in it was hidden by a tree, and my wife noticed it on the way back (she thinks Eagles are "silly cars" so kudos to her for spotting one).  Looks to be in sort of rough shape, but still good to see it isn't totally rusted out.  I need to stop the next time I go that way and talk to the owner.

1984 AMC Eagle Wagon (Soon to be for mountain fun times)
1997 Honda Civic (Daily driver in the winter)
2009 JM Star Scooter (Daily driver in the summer)
2010 Schwinn Hybrid Bike (Daily driver in Spring and Fall)

"It may be too early to drink scotch, but it's never too early to think about scotch"

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
Re: Wagon in Boyd MT
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 05:22:59 PM »
That one doesn't look too bad.  I've certainly seen worse.

Speaking of Eagles in Montana...

Back in the summer of 1992, my family took a road trip "down south" to Montana.  I remember when we were on the highway, we passed by a small (and I mean small, blink and you miss it) town called Cohagen.  There weren't many vehicles to be seen, but I distinctly remember seeing an Eagle.  A dark colored wagon as I recall.

I would have taken out my cell phone and snapped a picture, if I had access to such technology at the time...  :P
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 06:10:22 PM »
Well you'd have better access to that technology if you'd stop leaving your phone on the roof as you drive off....

Oh, you did NOT just go there...  :P

You do realize that our paths will cross again at some point... so don't be thinkin' you can make your smarty pants remarks without consequence.  >:D
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

Offline MontanaEagle

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 11:43:30 PM »
Cut it out you two. Everyone leaves there cell phone, groceries, latte, infant, etc on top of their cars at some point.

"It may be too early to drink scotch, but it's never too early to think about scotch"

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 02:25:57 AM »
oh i got one better. i left the house phone on top of eagle eyes once and didn't realize it till it fell of the car on the highway. :banghead: ;D
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline MontanaEagle

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 06:27:35 PM »
Cut it out you two. Everyone leaves there cell phone, groceries, latte, infant, etc on top of their cars at some point.

lol Sorry, it's really just friendly banter, though it's hard to tell over the internet. :P

Well I was just using sarcasm, but the sarcasm font didn't show up.  I tried to make it evident by adding "infant" :D

Offline MontanaEagle

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 07:56:53 PM »

lol Sorry, it's really just friendly banter, though it's hard to tell over the internet. :P

Well I was just using sarcasm, but the sarcasm font didn't show up.  I tried to make it evident by adding "infant" :D

Ooooo, no, I see it now, sorry. Had the brightness turned down on the screen, made things hard to see. :P

I should have used the [sarcasm] I was being totally serious [/sarcasm]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk