News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 08:52:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]
Suspension, Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tires / wheel nut/stud size
« Last post by amcfool1 on February 12, 2024, 01:14:44 PM »
hi, trying to order some wheel spacers for my 1984 Sedan. I'm 99.9% sure studs/nuts are 1/2" x 20 thread. Customwheeladapters.com is telling me that according to their specs, the size is 12 x 1.5  (metric) can anyone confirm/deny. Also, they list the hub diameter as 67.1mm, while my measurement is 71.5mm. again, can anyone confirm/deny.  thanks,  gz
Spirit/Concord Projects / Re: AMC Concord Hardtop 1981
« Last post by juhap on February 11, 2024, 02:28:41 PM »
No, I don´t.. welding creates heat and heat destroys that paint... I paint those areas afterwards using rustpreventing paint. I´m using under body cavity pipe... works well...

Using CAD to create new patch (carboard assisted design)

Done...

Welded...

Cleaned all...

Last job of saturday evening...

Fits well.

The next step...

Welded that.

Cleaned weldings... Left those "original" ones... factory look, you see...

This is finished. Then it is time to do passenger side...

« Last post by Taylor on February 11, 2024, 12:36:58 PM »
Awesome work! Awesome skills! Do you use a weld through primer on those areas that are hidden from view?
« Last post by juhap on February 08, 2024, 02:42:15 PM »
Started to remove motor..

Steering arm needed proper puller.

Oil change and rust removal...

Motor removal in action...

.. radiator and many other part removed.

Done...

Something to weld...

Oh boy...

Sad....

Firewall.

There was oil and s..t all over.

Cleanig with brake cleaner gives some results.

Cleanig and wireloom removing.

Something to do...

There was an older repair...

Beautiful..

Oh...

...so beautiful.

OH s..t   :-[

This needs some new sheet metal...

There was a hole hidden...

Opened front strut lower part...

Opened front leg.

Removed paint, rust and under body sealer...

New sheet metal.

Welded.

Cutting more.

Cleanig welds.

Made a new piece with nice bend...

fits well.

Welded.

to be continued
Hatchlings / Re: Greetings from Eastern Colorado
« Last post by vangremlin on February 06, 2024, 10:23:46 PM »
Welcome to the Den and enjoy your new Eagle!  Good luck with the the project and enjoy driving it “as-is” for the time being.

Where are you at in Eastern Colorado?  I live on the east side of the metro area. 
Ebay/Craigslist/Kiji or any other third party links. / 1980 four door sedan
« Last post by vangremlin on February 03, 2024, 05:26:26 PM »
Fun activities / Just checking
« Last post by Still Pat on February 02, 2024, 11:44:28 AM »
My high school is having a 50 year graduation reunion toward the end of May. Just wondering if any clubs or anybody in south central Pa. (think between Pittsburgh & Harrisburg along I-70 or the turnpike). In the section where Pa., Md., & West By God Va. all meet. Still NOT SURE IF I will make it or not. IF I do, I will probably bring an Eagle.
Eagle Sightings / Re: AMCs in the media
« Last post by vangremlin on January 28, 2024, 04:37:06 PM »
Nice article on Hagerty, choosing their favorite AMCs, to celebrate the 70th anniversary of AMC.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/lists/celebrate-70-years-of-amc-with-10-of-our-favorite-models/
For Sale: AMC Eagles/4wd Jeeps / Re: Eagle collection for sale (6 cars)
« Last post by vangremlin on January 26, 2024, 12:49:04 PM »
I'd be interested in the Automatic SX/4.  Please contact me with pictures, price, details, etc.

[email protected]

You may want to reach out to him directly, he hasn't logged into this site for a couple months.  Either send him a DM via this site, or his email is listed in his profile.  Good luck, SX/4's are such cool Eagles!
For Sale: AMC Eagles/4wd Jeeps / Re: Eagle collection for sale (6 cars)
« Last post by That_AMC_Guy on January 26, 2024, 03:55:51 AM »
I'd be interested in the Automatic SX/4.  Please contact me with pictures, price, details, etc.

[email protected]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk