News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 09:56:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New to the eagle well at least not yet...  (Read 1613 times)

Offline rockdrummer93

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
New to the eagle well at least not yet...
« on: October 12, 2019, 09:20:46 AM »
Hey Guys!

So I am in the middle working out a deal on a 1981 AMC Eagle SX4 6cyl auto. As soon as the guy gets the title back in his name I will go scoop it up. I've never owned an Eagle but for some reason have fell in love with the SX4 and being that I have been a Jeep guy for the passed 10 years I figured it was time for a change of pace. Now what I need help with is understanding this vehicle a little more before I go pick up so I know what to look for. I know there are other threads giving general info but what I am looking for is the secret odds and ends. What are the common issues with this that aren't necessarily common knowledge? The guy I am getting it from has stated its pretty much all there and runs and drives just needs little things. Mainly age maintenance. But is there anything else too look for?

I am honestly not sure what my exact plan with it will be yet. I have other projects that will come first. So this will more than likely sit for a little bit unless it is as nice as it seems then I may just throw a couple hundred bucks at it and start driving it some. The one thing I know I want to do to this is to make it fast. I have built a number of slow rock crawling Jeeps and want to try something different. I know I would like to keep an AMC i6 in it and keep it all wheel drive. But if it becomes a big tired rallye styled car or slightly lowered street princess is still out for the jury to decide. I will try and post up some of the pictures he sent me in a little while. Then if it checks out I will post more when I get it home.

Offline Mitch

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 11
Re: New to the eagle well at least not yet...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 09:37:14 AM »
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 09:37:31 AM by Mitch »

Offline rockdrummer93

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 09:00:17 PM »
Well here she is!! Picked it up couple weekends ago. Will need a little bit of work to get streetable but all in all shes pretty solid. Had been sitting for a few years when I got it. Once I get my Jeep Cherokee back together again I will probably start working on this. Will also start a build thread as well.

Offline RallyEagle

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 08:11:57 AM »
Nice project. Looks to be complete.

Offline Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 34
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 07:51:18 PM »
Looks good. I think I have my daughter talk into one. She like the SX4.
2010 Toyota Rav4 pack mule
1985 AMC Eagle Limited Wagon 🖖🏼🦅
2020 Honda Africa Twin the long haul trucker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk