News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 02:14:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: final call for the Eagle Motel trip  (Read 6207 times)

Offline nashkid

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
final call for the Eagle Motel trip
« on: August 19, 2014, 10:25:46 PM »
Hi Guys,
I need a final head count so I can make all the final reservations. Please let me know if you are for sure coming, how many cars you will bring and how many people will be with you. We will have a catered lunch at a private collection then we will go to Bishop Castle for a tour and pictures before we check in at the motel. We will have dinner at Edelweiss German restaurant as always. I am hoping to have 40 cars and 70 people this year! I also need to know if you want to order Eagle tee shirts, what size and what model you want on them, wagon, SX4, 2 door, 4 door, Kammback or Sundancer.  Between myself and Roger we will have 30 cars plus the local guys and several from the Eagle Den. I have people coming from Texas, Ohio, Wisconsin, Indiana, Tennessee, California, Kansas and I hope a few more states. I also have 2015 calendars with pictures from the 2012 Eagle Motel trip if you want them I need to know how many, right now I have a limited number of them available.
Thanks! Terry

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
Re: final call for the Eagle Motel trip
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 11:21:39 PM »
Terry, I'm trying my best to be there with my Eagle. I'm on a 22 days on 8 days off schedule working out in Nevada and it happens during my days on, but the boss says he is going to try to arrange it so I have the time off. I want a XXL shirt with a wagon. Thanks for all the hard work.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 11:46:49 PM »
Yes, thanks for putting together this fantastic event!!  It will be good to see everyone again.  I'd like one of those 2015 calendars, please. 
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 12:44:15 AM »
I'll be there. I'd gladly share a room with someone. Don't believe the wife will be coming, but I might take another friend. At this point though it's just looking like me. Also I'm hoping to fly home from UT to MO a week or so before hand and finish up my Eagle and drive it there for the meet. If that doesn't work out I'd gladly drive one of the Eagle you've got.

Side note, if I can get the Eagle going and ready for the trip it would be great to get on a caravan with some other Midwesterners in case I have any trouble on the way out. I'd really love to get my car ready as I've been meaning to find a way to get it back to UT where I currently live.

I'd also like a size medium shirt with an SX/4 on it. Count me in for a calendar too.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 11:33:28 AM »
Lord willing, I will be there as well.  I hope to get my sedan on the road before then, so this trip may be it's maiden voyage so to speak.  I don't mind sharing a room either, as I will be by myself.  Sharing makes my wallet feel better as well  :).  I think you already have my shirt order, but a large with a 4 door sedan would be great. A Diesel wagon would be better, but that is not one of the options  ;)......Rich
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline ISOAR

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 13
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 12:25:01 PM »
I'll be there. I would like to get two 3xxx shirts with Kammback prints.  I already have a room reserved at the eagle Motel. Thanks, George. 

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 03:01:05 PM »
Rollguy, were you gonna be putting a 4.0 in the sedan? Didn't it come with one?

Offline rmick

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 40
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 10:17:10 PM »
  Terry there will be 4 of us in two cars. One car will be there for the cruise on Saturday morning. The other folks and car will meet us at the Eagle Motel Saturday afternoon. Will the Ranch be open Friday for viewing?
  For those interested in hooking up my current plans are to leave Kansas on Thursday drive to the Denver area to visit relatives and stay in Castle Rock  Thursday and Friday night.
72 Javelin AMX
72 Javelin SST
72 Gremlin with 4.0
81 SX 4

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 10:53:39 PM »
Rollguy, were you gonna be putting a 4.0 in the sedan? Didn't it come with one?
I got a 4.0 with the car, but sold it.  The car has a great running 4.2, so no need to change it.
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline nashkid

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 12:54:50 AM »
For those of you coming to town on Friday or before you are welcome to come by Rsmbler Ranch for a tour. I will also be here on Sunday after I return from the Eagle Motel. Feel free to call me if anyone has questions, 303-324-6750 is my cell.

Terry

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 12:52:39 PM »
Thanks for posting your number. I was going to message you to get it cause I need to talk to you about some things. I'll be calling you some time in the next week.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk