News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 12:40:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MC2100 with no PVC port?  (Read 4742 times)

Offline BaldEagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
MC2100 with no PVC port?
« on: April 16, 2012, 10:14:15 PM »
Hello gurus:
   I found a couple of 2100 carbs at the JY today, but they don't have a large PCV port on the back that I can tell. Is there anyway to make these work? I did get a baseplate with port from a Ford truck, if it wouldn't raise the carb too much. Also found a '79 Concord in the yard, if any parts are needed.

Thanks,
~E

Offline doc65

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Ogden, UT
Re: MC2100 with no PVC port?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 10:39:20 PM »
Sure! That one you had a pic of was cast for it, just not drilled in, that would be easy to fix.  You could also drill one into the 2v to 2v adapter, or ultimately PVC is manifold vac, so you could hook into that so many ways, just need the large size to match the hose size of the PVC valve...

Offline eagle503

• "I'm not a mechanic I'm a parts replacer give me the book I can do it"
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 12
  • 85 limited wagon
    • art of loehr
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 12:11:29 AM »
My carb did not have a pcv port when I sent it to GRONK for a rebuild, he put one in for me. before I had the pcv teed into the brake booster line.

You can see it marked with red arrows. In the second picture the port with the white cap is for the pcv breather. In the area circled green there are holes that must bee plugged they go to the choke heater vacuum which wont be used.

Click for YOUR_TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline BaldEagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 12:25:13 AM »
Right on!!!
I had just read in the eaglepedia that it was important to get one with that port, but didn't know if it was a necessity or not. I take it that the one with the EGR base still installed is the one with the casting for it? I'm sure that Gronk does quality work, but I want the experience of doing the rebuild myself..............and I'm a cheapskate. The ID tags may not be readable with these cell phone pics, but the first carb is an autolite and also a 1.08. Would it be worth picking it up also, for a spare at a JY price? Thanks a mil to you both for all the great info!
~E

Offline GRONK

• The carburetor dude
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 55
    • GRONK Performance
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 07:14:33 AM »
oesn't matter what the ID tags say, a 2100 1.08 or a 2150 q.o8 will work no matter what.  The 2100's do NOT have PCV ports, but you can pull PCV from the intake manifold or port the adapter.  I do this daily.  The 2150 just needs to be drilled and tapped.  Again, simple.

If you are getting in the habit of finding cores, I buy over 150 every month.  I have suppliers all over the country that go to pull it yards and keep me in stock.

If youw ant to do a kit your self, i have a carbless kit that comes with EVERYTHING but the carb itself.  I sell rebuild kits better than you can find on the shelf and I have every jet size made in stock.  Let me know if you need anything.

make sure the throttle shaft(s) do not have too much play in them.
"Bucket" 1983 Limited Wagon
"Tootie" 1984 Wagon
Owner - GRONK Performance

Offline BaldEagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 09:42:25 AM »
Thanks, Gronk.............I'll likely be sending business your way, even though rebuilding my own. From what I understand, you have the best adapter plates anywhere too! I like to browse JY's for parts, but won't be looking for MC's now that I've got one, unless you want another supplier. Already checked throttle shaft play, and it's excellent on the one I chose for rebuilding. The autolite is good too, but not as clean or as easy to drill/tap.
~E

Offline GRONK

• The carburetor dude
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 55
    • GRONK Performance
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 10:25:39 AM »
I'm always in need of suppliers.  PM me and we can chat.  I pay top $$$ for buildable cores (2011 I spent $105,000 on cores alone)
"Bucket" 1983 Limited Wagon
"Tootie" 1984 Wagon
Owner - GRONK Performance

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk