News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 04, 2024, 04:11:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I am new here - fixing up my 84 Eagle  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Evenprime

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
I am new here - fixing up my 84 Eagle
« on: October 23, 2023, 01:23:29 PM »
Good day everyone, pleasure to be part of this group.

I finally found myself an Eagle. I've been looking for years and stumbled upon this bad boy in August.

1984 Base Model but in pretty darn good condition.

Vancouver, Canada.

I plan to use this vehicle as a 'almost' daily driver / regular dirt roads for weekend camping. I.E - I will use this car! But I do not want to do a crazy build with it.

Im going to replace the rear leaf springs and front shocks, and probably all the other things that go along with the suspension. Plus new brake lines, brakes, and wheels (Tires are from 2001 although they look brand new)

Engine/Transmission/TransferCase all seem to be in really good shape so I will address issues with those as they come up (I will replace fluids though), but for now just the winter project of replacing the suspension.

Ive joined this group because I need help sourcing things. I see many different posts but from different years and it appears things have gone out of stock.

I do not want to go more than a 1" lift, as I don't want to replace boots etc.
I will ask questions in posts below, but for now, just wanted to say hello!

-Even

Offline Evenprime

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Re: I am new here - fixing up my 84 Eagle
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 01:25:10 PM »
More pictures

Offline Evenprime

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2023, 01:26:50 PM »
The tires on this look brand new but are actually from 2001.

This is pretty much a barn find.

I spent the day buffing and cleaning the vehicle, and then ceramic coated it.
She looks almost show room condition already, although once you look close, you see the years.

Offline rmick

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 40
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2023, 01:45:14 PM »
Welcome to the group you have come to the right place. Thanks for all the pictures.
72 Javelin AMX
72 Javelin SST
72 Gremlin with 4.0
81 SX 4

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2023, 03:35:32 PM »
Very nice looking wagon you have there.  Welcome to the group and have fun with your Eagle!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline MIPS

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 44
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2023, 05:19:37 PM »
I've seen you. I swear.

I drive from Kamloops to Vancouver several times a year on my wagon and I swear on one occasion I saw you parked on a side street somewhere between Fraser and Main. Welcome to the club. :) The paint job on that thing is immaculate! Whoever had that last absolutely took care of it.

I got a few spare odds and ends and if you need more I know someone in Logan Lake who still has a parts car but as you'll find out an Eagle sure is fun in Vancouver's chaotic snow days. ;)
Can probably help you with the electronics as well. I've pretty much overhauled and rebuilt everything in at at this point and been developing substitute parts as I ran into dead-ends.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 06:22:35 PM by MIPS »

Offline Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 34
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2023, 08:34:55 PM »
Great looking Eagle. Welcome to the forum.
2010 Toyota Rav4 pack mule, totaled 3/26/24 rear ended REAL HARD. concussion and whiplash. not fun
1999 Ford E250 conversion/work van 238,000 see if it will make 300,000
1985 AMC Eagle Limited Wagon 🖖🏼🦅
2020 Honda Africa Twin, the long haul trucker

Offline Evenprime

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2023, 01:20:36 PM »
I've seen you. I swear.

haha, yes that would be me. I had it parked outside a few times while I was getting it cleaned up.

I will private message you - thank you for your comments

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk