News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 19, 2024, 05:45:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 86 Wagon Rear Speakers  (Read 2616 times)

Offline runsfar

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • 1986 Eagle wagon
86 Wagon Rear Speakers
« on: April 02, 2018, 04:09:25 PM »
Hey all,

It finally stopped raining around here long enough to spend a few hours playing with my car over the weekend! I'm swapping out the stereo and all four speakers. When I got the old stereo out (not the original one), I found the speaker negatives all connected together, so I had to do some detective work to find out which one went where. Being Easter (had to be presentable for guests), I only had time to tackle the door speakers.

Before I break anything, does anyone have any tips on removing the wheel wells in the back so I can get to the speakers? That will be the job for this coming weekend.

Thanks in advance!
I have no idea why I wanted a thirty year old car so bad, but it is finally mine.

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
Re: 86 Wagon Rear Speakers
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 05:24:01 PM »
Take it slow those plastic covers come off sensibly. I forget how, but its not hard to do.

Manitowoc WI

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 07:15:25 PM »
It will be pretty obvious once you get into it, all the screws that need to come out, etc.  Just take your time so nothing breaks.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline runsfar

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • 1986 Eagle wagon
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 05:17:00 PM »
My main concern was the plastic "trees" that hold the bottom of each side, but they came out with no breakage! I got one side done. Weather has not been my friend lately. Unfortunately she's not in the garage, so I have limited time to play between downpours and snow. What a crazy Spring. I'm just gonna have to give up work so I can get out in the sun.
I have no idea why I wanted a thirty year old car so bad, but it is finally mine.

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 06:41:21 PM »
I hear you on the weather, just crazy here. Good to hear nothing broke though.

Manitowoc WI

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk