News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 07, 2024, 10:32:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Inconsistent Idle  (Read 6251 times)

Offline HappyPappy

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
Re: Inconsistent Idle
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 08:37:53 PM »
Here is an other cause, inside the gas tank on the suction line is what I call a corn cobb, some sort of a filter. I've had them plug up with gunk and gum from the gas. You can just remove it and add a in line filter. I doudt there are replacements for them, correct if I,m wrong.

May want to get some SEAFOAM and dump the whole can in the tank. May have to change the filters again after a bit though.
Good Luck

Prafeston

Re: Inconsistent Idle
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 09:14:52 PM »
I do have that Marvel's Mystery Oil which is good for putting in your gas. I did dump some in tonight. I also have a couple bottle of HEET laying around..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk