News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 19, 2024, 02:00:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1985 AMC Eagle Wagon  (Read 3151 times)

Offline kingphx

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
1985 AMC Eagle Wagon
« on: May 03, 2011, 08:14:02 PM »
I want to buy a 1985 AMC Eagle Wagon.  It needs a new transfer case so the owner says.  Is it hard to find one or can I match up one from another vehicle?

wagoneerhauler

Re: 1985 AMC Eagle Wagon
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 08:58:49 PM »
You can find them used still.  Or use one from a Jeep grand wag which is basically a direct swap and can give you a low range too.  Some here have gone to newer versions as well like the NP231 or 242 I think.

You'll find a lot of info by doing a simple search.  Plus others will share what they know.  If the car is not rotted (meaning that the rust is a harder repair) the t-case should be an easy fix.

Welcome to the nest and good luck.

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 09:08:32 PM »
Welcome to the Nest as well.   Is the current owner sure the transfer case is bad?  What is it doing or not doing?
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 01:27:21 AM »
Tomorrow I'm pulling the NP129 from my '81 Wagon (along with the core 998 trans for a 727 swap) I'm hoping the guy with NP229 will be available so I can do that swap at the same time. My leftovers will be for sale here in Seattle. I may end up sticking in a NP208 instead, but then I'd need a longer rear driveshaft (I'll have to dig through my driveshaft pile for one)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk