Choose style:

Author Topic: Where can I find Hatch Weatherstripping for my 87 Eagle?  (Read 13514 times)

Offline MicaT

• Premium Member
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
  • Drove it out of a field. Been going ever since.
Re: Where can I find Hatch Weatherstripping for my 87 Eagle?
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2015, 11:57:05 AM »
Don't know about 87', but I replaced my 84' rear strip with a Dodge caravan strip.  i went ahead and bought a new replacement for the 93' caravan from rock auto.  $40.  Not the exact replacement but it works.  Seemed a little tight and thought I had to get creative around the latch mechanism.  Turns out the actual metal flange where the strip press-fits needed to be widened ever so slightly (the opening of the hatch).  Eased it outward with a small sledge and the hatch is all good.  Opens and closes just fine and sealed.  After installing the new strip and finding it difficult to close, I noticed the stripping was starting to wear at a few key points (4 and 8 o'clock if the hatch was a clock dial).  That's what turned me onto "helping" it with the hammer.
Try that.
Mica
Just simple enough for me to keep it going.

Mica

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2015, 01:42:22 PM »
Can you post some photos of the final fit?
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

Offline drock87

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2015, 05:49:12 PM »
I would like to see the Caravan stripping too. My seal LOOKS good, but it (pretty consistently) rains from the spot just below where the left hinge is. I need to get around to replacing my headliner, and I need to fix water leaks first. Or, does anyone have a hack for just specific sections that "rain"?
My list of my cars/toys (or toys at my disposal!)

2007 Lincoln Town Car
1985 AMC Eagle Sportwagon
Trek 4500 Mountain Bike
Kawasaki ZXI 900 jetski
Polaris SLTx jetski
1962 Cruisers Inc Mahagany Outboard

I like to to tell people my Eagle is like a Ferrari. It's quirky, tempermental, border-line exotic, and something you don't see everyday.  See? Makes perfect sense....

Click for Akron, Ohio Forecast" height="90" width="160

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2015, 01:37:38 PM »
For those of you who want to save your current one, before it gets frozen there is a chapstick like product you can wipe on it. It's not litium grease, but it's similar only washable.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline bottomfeeder

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2017, 11:34:48 PM »
I figure I'd add to this since it seemed to be the most popular search result when I was looking for a solution for my hatch weatherstripping on my Eagle wagon...I just purchased weatherstripping from Blaserauto.com and although I haven't even recieved it I was told that the one I ordered isn't an exact replacement it has been used plenty of times with successful results.  The  person that I talked to said that they had been working on a factory replacement and that it should be available for purchase in about a month.  My bank account was charged $89.50  but I would have sworn I was quoted for $72 - it seems to me like $17.50 is a bit steep for shipping.  All that to say I was told the factory replacement would cost $145 but if you are on a budget you might want to confirm all charges before you complete the transaction.  Anyway, I figured I would add this source since nobody seems to have mentioned Blaser as a source for this elusive part.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.