News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 01:42:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Where can I find Hatch Weatherstripping for my 87 Eagle?  (Read 30796 times)

Offline MicaT

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
  • Drove it out of a field. Been going ever since.
Re: Where can I find Hatch Weatherstripping for my 87 Eagle?
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2015, 11:57:05 AM »
Don't know about 87', but I replaced my 84' rear strip with a Dodge caravan strip.  i went ahead and bought a new replacement for the 93' caravan from rock auto.  $40.  Not the exact replacement but it works.  Seemed a little tight and thought I had to get creative around the latch mechanism.  Turns out the actual metal flange where the strip press-fits needed to be widened ever so slightly (the opening of the hatch).  Eased it outward with a small sledge and the hatch is all good.  Opens and closes just fine and sealed.  After installing the new strip and finding it difficult to close, I noticed the stripping was starting to wear at a few key points (4 and 8 o'clock if the hatch was a clock dial).  That's what turned me onto "helping" it with the hammer.
Try that.
Mica
Just simple enough for me to keep it going.

Mica

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2015, 01:42:22 PM »
Can you post some photos of the final fit?
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

Offline drock87

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2015, 05:49:12 PM »
I would like to see the Caravan stripping too. My seal LOOKS good, but it (pretty consistently) rains from the spot just below where the left hinge is. I need to get around to replacing my headliner, and I need to fix water leaks first. Or, does anyone have a hack for just specific sections that "rain"?
My list of my cars/toys (or toys at my disposal!)

1985 AMC Eagle Sportwagon
2017 Mercedes-Benz C300 4Matic
1993 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2016 Triumph Bonneville
 1962 Cruisers Inc Mahogany Outboard

I like to to tell people my Eagle is like a Ferrari. It's quirky, tempermental, border-line exotic, and something you don't see everyday.  See? Makes perfect sense....

Click for Akron, Ohio Forecast" height="90" width="160

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2015, 01:37:38 PM »
For those of you who want to save your current one, before it gets frozen there is a chapstick like product you can wipe on it. It's not litium grease, but it's similar only washable.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline bottomfeeder

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2017, 11:34:48 PM »
I figure I'd add to this since it seemed to be the most popular search result when I was looking for a solution for my hatch weatherstripping on my Eagle wagon...I just purchased weatherstripping from Blaserauto.com and although I haven't even recieved it I was told that the one I ordered isn't an exact replacement it has been used plenty of times with successful results.  The  person that I talked to said that they had been working on a factory replacement and that it should be available for purchase in about a month.  My bank account was charged $89.50  but I would have sworn I was quoted for $72 - it seems to me like $17.50 is a bit steep for shipping.  All that to say I was told the factory replacement would cost $145 but if you are on a budget you might want to confirm all charges before you complete the transaction.  Anyway, I figured I would add this source since nobody seems to have mentioned Blaser as a source for this elusive part.

Offline 86erfixer

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2022, 10:29:15 PM »
What's the part number for hatch seal? The link just takes me to JC's home page

Offline Paul Revere

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2022, 11:34:01 PM »
What's the part number for hatch seal? The link just takes me to JC's home page

Just bought mine from here cross section matched the factory original. 65 bucks plus shipping.
https://www.amcrambler.com/page3.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk