News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 06:19:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New from the Lou!  (Read 2283 times)

Offline Refuge

• Computer Idiot Extraordinaire.
  • Global Moderator
  • Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
New from the Lou!
« on: May 19, 2017, 04:05:06 PM »
Hey guys,  been lurking here a little while, and been more active on the FB group till now.  Since the 'cat's out of the bag' on my new purchase, I figured it was finally time to introduce myself. 

My name is Jake King, Obviously I hail from St Louis, MO.  I've liked these weird cars, since I first saw one in High School.  Of course, years and years went by, and kinda forgot all about them.  Then I saw one local to me for sale (nice looking 87 maroon and black wagon), and was gonna check it out, but it sold while I was out of state.   Unfortunately, but then, the bug took hold.  after some searching, I came across a bright orange SX4, and after looking at it, and see how well it ran, I decided to pull the trigger, so now I have one of these weird birds. 

My current favorite passtime is annoying my friend John with it, because he HATES these cars.   

Slowly, my plans for the car will come together, as my intended purpose is to make it more rally like, and less offroader.
1981 Orange AMC Eagle SX4 (originally Brown)
Stock 258 i6 w/ MC 2100 Carb

Changes to come soon.

Offline Refuge

• Computer Idiot Extraordinaire.
  • Global Moderator
  • Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
Re: New from the Lou!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 04:06:31 PM »
Also, my regular occupation is Information Systems and Security, (I work with computers), so you'll probably see me lurking more, than not.  But my services have been offered up for helping with keeping the systems running, should they catch fire.
1981 Orange AMC Eagle SX4 (originally Brown)
Stock 258 i6 w/ MC 2100 Carb

Changes to come soon.

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 05:41:05 PM »
Welcome Refuge! Let's see some pics of that sweet Tangerine! :)

I used to live down in Rolla. Ever take any distance courses through Missouri University of Science and Technology?
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 11:09:00 PM »
hi, and welcome, great car. the fact that you are an IT guy is great. at my age I don't even own a cellphone, hate those nasty things;), anyway, we will try to help with your eagle in any way we can. good luck, gz

Offline Still Pat

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 09:52:24 AM »
Howdy & welcome. I'm just starting to get back into here. Was semi-active for a while & then started spending more time on spacebook. Forgot my password(s) & couldn't get back in, gave up & made a new account.
'83 AMC Eagle wagon 258/auto.
'84 AMC Eagle sedan (4 door) 258/auto.
PREVIOUS AMCs:
'72 Gremlin X 304/3 speed
'81 Eagle Kammback 258/4 speed (Purchased new)
'82 Eagle wagon 258/5 speed (Ordered new, traded Kammback)
'86 (I THINK) Eagle wagon - BlackBird 258/auto. (Got hit/totaled)
'83 Eagle wagon - White Eagle 258-auto. (Front subframe was rotted out - sold for parts)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk