News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 04:40:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Clifford Headers  (Read 4994 times)

Offline TEagle85

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
Clifford Headers
« on: March 23, 2017, 03:56:10 PM »
Posted something before but cant find it. Anyway...

Been planing some upgrades and headers would be one of them. I know Clifford was known to make them. I called a month ago and they said they were about to do a run and to call back 3 weeks later. I called back and they had no idea about the phone call before and tried to talk me out of wanting them because they were ugly and it it would be a pain for them to set the tooling up. That I totally understand but I was not going to give up that easy. They said since I called again to give them another 30 day and they will do a run of about 20.

Just a heads up for anyone wanting and wondering about headers for the eagle. Wouldn't be surprised if they pull the option down after this since they expressed they didn't really want to make them.

Feel free to call and ask them so they know there is a interest. Ill update this when/if they come in and the install/fit.

Phone: 951-471-1161
http://www.shop.cliffordperformance.net/57-0430-AMC-EAGLE-HEADERS-57-0430.htm

Offline TEagle85

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
Re: Clifford Headers
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 06:15:00 PM »
Any takers?  Just called again and hes waiting on one more order so hes at least making two. Which I get.   C'mon who wants some custom Eagle headers??

btw probably dont have to order and pay right away. He just wants to know there is interest to get started.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 06:28:26 PM by TEagle85 »

Offline SilverEagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 05:14:22 PM »
Any luck? Update? Looking to purchase a pair as well.. are these no hassle headers?
86 Eagle Wagon, Daily driver and fly fishing expedition vehicle.

Offline BigBird

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 10:45:02 PM »
I just looked on their website. They're available to order. My '82 Sx4 will be getting a set!!!   :occasion14:
'84 Eagle Limited (FatMan)
'82 Eagle SX/4 (LittleBoy)
'92 Chevy K1500 (Calico)
'03 Silverado 1500 (The Wifes)

Offline TEagle85

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 08:26:52 AM »
They had it up on the site when I was looking also. That’s the deceiving part. I had called and they “make” them but wouldn’t when I wanted a set because they’d have to set up to tooling and jigs and that’s only worth it if they make multiples to sell and apparently they don’t sell.

I’m still interested just for the time savings of fabricating my own so if you call or order and they have more I’m totally in. Keep me posted.

Also would these work on a 4.0 head if I were to do a head swap down the road like I plan to?

Offline TEagle85

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 08:39:46 AM »
Ok found the answer to that quick. 4.2 headers won’t work on a 4.0. Also forgot those eagle headers are $400.

For that price I’ll go with a better breathing 4.0 head and more available and less expensive 4.0 headers with a little fabrication for probably about the same price with much more added “performance”. 

Still keep me posted, like to see how they look if you get a pair.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk