News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 16, 2024, 02:23:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MN Hatchling with an 82 SX/4  (Read 2604 times)

Offline rab7x

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
MN Hatchling with an 82 SX/4
« on: May 30, 2017, 09:53:31 AM »
Hello everyone. I traded a motorcycle for a 1982 Eagle SX/4 project from a guy last year, and after a bit of waiting, I'm ready to start working on it. He had started the process of doing the 4.0 swap with an engine he had bored and stroked, and I'm trying to pick up where he left off. It's a bigger project than I've ever done before. I've pulled the engine out of a couple cars to replace things before, bit I'm learning that there's a drastic difference between taking an engine apart then putting it back together, and custom fitting a new engine. But with the help of this site and a few mechanic friends, I'm not too worried. I'm hoping to have the car up and running by the end of the summer. I already started a thread in the "Project Cars" forum that I plan to update whenever I get a chance to work on it.

Offline amarshall

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 16
Re: MN Hatchling with an 82 SX/4
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 11:23:12 AM »
Welcome!  Good looking engine there, just take it slow and one step at a time and you'll be on the road before you know it.
Wanted:  More time to work on my Eagle!

1988 Eagle Wagon - Overlander Build
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=45852.0

Offline rab7x

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 02:57:41 PM »
Thanks! I just ordered some parts for it this week. Oil pump, clutch assembly, and adjustable throwout bearing. I just don't want to get it halfway done and and go "crap, I forgot something".

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 12:02:10 PM »
I'll say it again. It's great seeing all these SX/4s showing up lately. Looks like a nice project you got there!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk