News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 16, 2024, 06:17:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sale is off again. Hope to drive my Eagle daily soon.  (Read 3259 times)

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Sale is off again. Hope to drive my Eagle daily soon.
« on: March 01, 2016, 02:29:07 PM »
Temporary price drop because I have no transportation or money and have to move.

The old ad is probably still up. Searching Brown Betty will probably pull the build on it. I'm too sick to fix much stuff anymore and I'm moving so it has to go.

This week only! I'm in the process of moving and have no money or time to fix my Comanche or finish my Eagle plus I have to tow my motorhome to my new place in a couple weeks.

I bought it about 4 years ago and replaced the transmission and tcase (with non-lockup 727/NP229 from a Grand Wagoneer, it needs the speedocable mod yet) and I replaced the Model 15 rear diff with an XJ 8.25" that has 3.08 gears and extra rear leaf to lift it. Just needs lower shock mounts welded to the axle and Ebrake cables installed to finish it.
It still has the 2.72 ratio vacuum front axle but I have a 3.07 non-vacuum axle to go in. Still needs front half shafts and some more tinkering to finish but it is drivable.
4.2L with PS/PB and York AC. Running 235/75R/15 tires on '98 Wrangler wheels.
Front brakes have less than 2,000 miles on them (rotors, calipers and hoses) I have new upper control arm pivot bushings and swaybar end links to be installed. Replacement steering box from a Grand Cherokee with new Eagle pitman arm. New front coil springs already installed.
Has new Napa shocks to install all around. Has original non-computerized Carter BBD. I have an exhaust manifold without the AIR pipes (no pump) and it currently has no Cat.
It has a new heater core (installed while my shoulder was broken) The rad is now from my 77 AMX with 304 (upper rad hose needs replacing as it's very close to the fan)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AMCbuyandsell/permalink/758241257639651/
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 05:52:38 PM by carnuck »
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: Sale is off again. Hope to drive my Eagle daily soon.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 12:48:42 AM »
New tabs and drove it on the highway today! rear shocks are next, after I sort out the keep and toss pile.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 01:28:07 PM »
Good news!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline ISOAR

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 13
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 12:27:48 PM »
Glad to hear it's on the road again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk