News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 07, 2024, 01:06:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Multi-year reader, new poster 1984 Wagon  (Read 2508 times)

Offline Comcamguy

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
Multi-year reader, new poster 1984 Wagon
« on: December 24, 2015, 09:30:16 AM »
Morning,
Long time reader of the several Eagle boards around. Several years ago I was given a 1984 Eagle wagon by my StepFather-in-Law. It was sitting at his house after he had loaned it to my brother-in-law who promptly drove it with no fluid in the rear end and destroyed the ring/pinion. I had it shipped to TX and have been nickel and diming it along for the past few years as well as scouring for parts and ideas. The wife finally had enough and told me to take the plunge and do something with it or give it to her and she would make it her way. Long story short, Tuesday I dropped it off at a local shop for its big main rehab- Rebuild block+ 4.0 L head swap, new springs/shocks all around, as well as AC/Heating. Mid-Jan should be the return date. Then I just need to get to the bodywork. Since the Wife peeled all the old flaking woodtone off, we are now looking at the stealth model- Chrome delete, low key. With this now getting underway in a big way, I should post more and can't remember which ones I had done a Hatchling post on.

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 213
Re: Multi-year reader, new poster 1984 Wagon
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 10:11:50 AM »
Welcome and good luck with your project.  Can't wait to read about how it turns out!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline johnbendik

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 12:11:00 PM »
Comcamguy,

Welcome aboard!  Where in Texas are you?  There's a small handful of members down here  (we're the ones without any snow pictures).

I'm in Sugar Land, myself.

JB
1984 Eagle Sportwagon
258 - 6 cyl
5-speed !

Offline AMC of Houston

• The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history.
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 86
    • American Motors Club of Houston
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 01:41:56 PM »
No snow pics, and no rust pics!!    Now I'm bragging!!   I'm in Wimberley TX (close to San Marcos).

Hey John:  You ever go to the Otto's cruise on Saturdays??   I used to take the Sundancer there sometimes back when I lived in Bellaire.
George G.
'81 Eagle Sundancer
'85 Eagle Waggie
1960 1902 Rambler Replica
'64 American
'70 AMX (Big Bad Blue), '70 AMX (White)
'77 Gremlin
'78 Pacer Coupe, '78 Pacer Wagon
'79 Pacer Wagon
'73 Jensen Interceptor
'86 Audi 5000 Turbo
'98 Aston Martin DB7
'09 Nissan Titan
'10 Nissan Maxima

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 11:10:28 PM »
Pictures! We like pictures!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline johnbendik

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 09:14:16 PM »
AMC of Houston,

No, I've never been to Otto's on Saturday, but I've heard some nicely restored cars show up there.  Do they meet up for lunch, or what?  And do they welcome (ahem) 'early-stage project cars' with lots of 'patina'?

JB
1984 Eagle Sportwagon
258 - 6 cyl
5-speed !

Offline AMC of Houston

• The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history.
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 86
    • American Motors Club of Houston
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 01:02:54 AM »
Otto's is a Saturday dinner thing.   And nobody seemed to mind projects (at least back in 2009).    Folks start showing up around 5-ish, and stay pretty much until Otto's closes.    Of course my wife would drag me across the street to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner when I'd rather have had Otto's Bar-b-que!     

If you're ever around San Marcos, let me know.   I'll buy you lunch and show you the car museum (:censored:'s Classic Garage)!
George G.
'81 Eagle Sundancer
'85 Eagle Waggie
1960 1902 Rambler Replica
'64 American
'70 AMX (Big Bad Blue), '70 AMX (White)
'77 Gremlin
'78 Pacer Coupe, '78 Pacer Wagon
'79 Pacer Wagon
'73 Jensen Interceptor
'86 Audi 5000 Turbo
'98 Aston Martin DB7