News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 26, 2024, 11:59:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Member From Illinois 85 Eagle Wagon  (Read 5930 times)

Offline bhfear

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
New Member From Illinois 85 Eagle Wagon
« on: December 16, 2015, 04:16:28 PM »
Just Picked up this 85 Wagon, it has little over 60k miles in fairly good condition with only minor surface rust in some spots, I need help locating a few parts for it, if anyone can help that would be appreciated. auction sites have not helped with providing parts I need.

Items I am looking for: Light Tan Front Seat belt buckles, Tape deck radio for an 85, Center console or shift bezel, used oem floor mats. used set of Marchals,

I have 2 other eagles as well, one I am parting out it has 140k miles and is really rough, Red interior (if anyone needs anything let me know)

Maroon One is an 83 with 55k miles has maroon interior & I am wanting to sell that one whole

Offline bhfear

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
Re: New Member From Illinois 85 Eagle Wagon
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 04:18:00 PM »
83 I have for sale asking $2000
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 04:24:23 PM by bhfear »

Offline rommel1940

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 04:22:57 PM »
Nice car, its funny us eagle guys usually have more than one.
1984 Eagle Limited

Offline bhfear

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 04:26:12 PM »
This is the parts wagon I have & my other hobby

Offline mo.eagles

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 13
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 05:32:37 PM »
Where in Ill . are you ? I'm just south of St. Louis and I have most of what you are hunting .
'85 wagon Limited   tilt wheel , cruise control
power seats ,windows and locks
rear window washer /wiper 
tach and gauge package
A/C
 '85 wagon   power windows and locks
rear window washer/wiper
factory tow package
A/C

Offline bhfear

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 06:51:07 PM »
Where in Ill . are you ? I'm just south of St. Louis and I have most of what you are hunting .

I am in Geneseo IL 61254. I would be more than willing to pay for shipping on parts!

Offline JayRamb

• ELLA THE EAGLE & EDWIN THE EAGLE
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 30
  • AMC passion for over 32 years. BIG advocate!
    • UPDATED!!  1967 Rambler Rebel weebly website
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 11:58:46 PM »
Just Picked up this 85 Wagon, it has little over 60k miles in fairly good condition with only minor surface rust in some spots, I need help locating a few parts for it, if anyone can help that would be appreciated. auction sites have not helped with providing parts I need.

Items I am looking for: Light Tan Front Seat belt buckles, Tape deck radio for an 85, Center console or shift bezel, used oem floor mats. used set of Marchals,

I have 2 other eagles as well, one I am parting out it has 140k miles and is really rough, Red interior (if anyone needs anything let me know)

Maroon One is an 83 with 55k miles has maroon interior & I am wanting to sell that one whole

WOW! You have the Light Beige interior! Mine is Honey. The darkest was Nutmeg! Welcome!!
Don't get rid of those rims and center caps!!!
Jayson H.
Best HWY Mileage of 87 Eagle:  26.2 MPG

Believer in AMSOIL & Seafoam
1987 Garnet Red Eagle Wagon: 70,500 miles
1967 Rambler Rebel 4 Door 290 V8 (original family car) Marina Aqua 142K miles
1985 Eagle Wagon in Autumn Brown 74,800 miles as my daily driver
SOLD 1984 Black Eagle Limited w/Tach & gauge cluster: 245,100 miles SOLD

Offline AMCLOVER258

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 09:51:30 PM »
^^ AGREED ^^ I had a shop locally that was putting some tires on for me, i guess one of the guys has an eagle that needed two center caps as they stole them, i now only have to left and MAN ARE THEY HARD TO FIND!

Offline JayRamb

• ELLA THE EAGLE & EDWIN THE EAGLE
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 30
  • AMC passion for over 32 years. BIG advocate!
    • UPDATED!!  1967 Rambler Rebel weebly website
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 02:10:02 AM »

WOW! You have the Light Beige interior! Mine is Honey. The darkest was Nutmeg! Welcome!!
Don't get rid of those rims and center caps!!!

With the CENTER Caps, Silicone them in place or use gray or black Right Stuff.They won't go anywhere!!
Jayson H.
Best HWY Mileage of 87 Eagle:  26.2 MPG

Believer in AMSOIL & Seafoam
1987 Garnet Red Eagle Wagon: 70,500 miles
1967 Rambler Rebel 4 Door 290 V8 (original family car) Marina Aqua 142K miles
1985 Eagle Wagon in Autumn Brown 74,800 miles as my daily driver
SOLD 1984 Black Eagle Limited w/Tach & gauge cluster: 245,100 miles SOLD

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 06:54:52 PM »
Does the one your parting out have a working, not floppy, passenger mirror that you would be willing to part with?
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 01:45:57 AM »
On the floppy mirrors, I found a hardware store or Boeing surplus adjustable rubber wedge that you put next to the glass in the door mirror and turn a thumbscrew to adjust and lock it in place. I think they were for the airport tugs if they were Boeing stuff. I had photos with the bin number but I lost all of that when Pantellic.com crashed financially and the owner erased everything.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk