News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 09:17:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NEW PRICE! '87 Comanche shortbox 4x4 Seattle $800  (Read 2089 times)

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
NEW PRICE! '87 Comanche shortbox 4x4 Seattle $800
« on: July 16, 2015, 07:24:52 PM »
I'm too sick to fix the minor electric issue that popped up (shuts off spark at operating temp till it cools down 5 degrees @ 10 minutes)

I've decided to put my Comanche for sale (still needs minor work like carpet and seat swapped but it's been my daily driver this past year and I've owned it over 12 years) I'm selling it because I have too many vehicles and I can't haul the grandkids around in it with the wife.

4.0L with AW4/NP242. Power Steering, upgraded later XJ booster and new master cylinder 2 years ago. No AC, but the compressor is there (was planning onboard air) .

3.73 gears and 235/75R/15 tires currently but it comes with a set of worn but usable 33/9.50R/15s (in one of the pics)

5  1/2" front lift with coils, extended lower control arms, longer brake hoses and adjustable trac bar.

Rear is Dana 35 SOA (spring over axle) with Metric Tonne springs.

!!!!!NEW!!!!

NOW IT COMES WITH A DANA 44 REAR DIFF with 3.54 posi (not from an MJ but correct width) and 3.73 gear set from my '73 J4000.

Manual windows, no cruise (yet) but it has tilt/column shift with the cruise lever already.

Spare doors (same color with manual windows) with chrome handles and mirrors too. Correct MJ sized canopy and roll bar included (bought from another MJ that it was modded for).

Spare tilt/shift column for AW4.

It's bench seat with black/silver interior and I have a spare grey bench with grey carpet (and interior panels except doors) to go with it.  I replaced the rear bumper 3 years ago and it's rated for 3500 lbs tow. We hauled an SX4 from South Oregon to North Seattle on the hottest day of the year and no trans cooler. Trans was changed last summer.

BUMPER HAS BEEN UPGRADED WITH A 1/2" steel insert.

Spare '93 4.0L bottom end and '89 head included

With almost 3,000 lbs of gravel 2 summers ago (not me in the pic)

We hauled 3 pallets of concrete (one at a time) at 3800lbs each 50 miles.

Pic with canopy.

Front bumper is extended with extra bracing (not installed) with space for a hidden winch.

I added a manually controlled radiator fan to help cool it. (new rad last summer)

NOTE: Truck has a new quirk where it shuts off at 210 degrees when idling and has to be restarted. Haven't figured out why yet, but I bought new sensors to go in and will be scanning it with my new Snap-On MTG2500 once I figure how to run it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 05:49:40 PM by carnuck »
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk