News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 18, 2024, 01:19:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eagle wagon floor console  (Read 1946 times)

1jlnut

Eagle wagon floor console
« on: July 26, 2014, 10:58:23 PM »
 :newbie: Anybody know if there is a floor console for a 5 speed manual wagon? I know about the console for the automatic and I understand the floor console for the manual transmission could be a whole different animal? Thanks.

Offline DaemonForce

• Grease Magnet
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 8
Re: Eagle wagon floor console
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 12:24:12 AM »
From what I understand they're about the same thing. I don't see any essentials that are directly linked to the transmission itself but I do see ONE discrepancy in some Limited models like mine. The early one with the automatic have a fully equipped gauge inset. The later models have a large cavity where the gauge set would normally be. I have no idea why this option exists as there is NO other useful spot for the gauges. :-\
1983 Limited
AMC 258C {R2:27.Jun.13}
Carter 2681 {R2:28.Oct.12}
TorqueFlite A998 {R6: -20.Apr.12}
NP129 {R2:28.Apr.12}
M35-273 {???}
Compression: 0
Corrected Idle: 0RPM

Rebuild:
???

Offline Mernsy

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 13
Re: Eagle wagon floor console
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 01:57:41 AM »
The consoles are slightly different because the shifters are shaped different. (Actually the shifter bezels are the difference.)

Check drawing 58.30.1 at this link. Pay attention to Part #3. There are two numbers for this bezel...one says (WAT), the other says (WMT).  WAT means With Automatic Transmission while WMT means With Manual Transmission.

http://amceaglesden.com/guide/index.php?title=Section_58_Inside_Mirror%2C_Floor_Console_and_Visors

Some had the gauge package, most didn't,.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk