News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 19, 2024, 03:14:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My long awaited Eagle - A project in the works  (Read 60383 times)

Offline trooper5707

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
Re: My long awaited Eagle - A project in the works
« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2018, 06:31:33 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement.  It's good to know I'm not alone.

I decided I'd have a go at replacing my window sweeps.  The door panel/interior side is held on with very heavy duty staples.  I got them all off with no problems (besides sore fingers).  I've read that some use pop rivets to re-attached.  Has anyone done sweeps before?  Any opinions on rivets vs. new staples?

To revise a post from long ago, I have a fun set and am about to install mine, any feedback on the method to install?

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #166 on: March 30, 2018, 06:46:59 PM »
When I replaced the sweeps on my TBird a few years back, the replacements were intended to be held on with staples.  I used zip ties instead, and I was able to get a much tighter fit to the door panel.  Don't get the ones that are too wide, they aren't as flexible and won't fit as tight.  Good luck!!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Baskinator4

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2018, 06:50:25 PM »
I just did the outer window sweeps on my SX/4. They don't fit real tight to my windows for some reason.

Probably don't need the inner sweeps yet, but where do you guys source them from?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk