News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 07:12:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eagle Road Trip time - VA to OH and back again.  (Read 3862 times)

Offline recomer

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 25
Eagle Road Trip time - VA to OH and back again.
« on: October 02, 2012, 06:47:35 AM »
Taking my Eagle on vacation with me later this week. Heading to Southern Ohio from Virginia Beach. Not quite the Maine to Montana to Virginia Beach trip I've already made in this car, but still, its a little over 1000 miles round trip. Since the cross country trip, I've had transmission rebuilt, new alternator, wheels, tires, and the basic tune up, services done to this car. Will try to get some pics along the way but as Im traveling solo, sometimes I forget to take out the phone to snap a few.
83 Eagle Wagon

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
Re: Eagle Road Trip time - VA to OH and back again.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 09:09:16 AM »
What part of southern Ohio will you be visiting?
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline recomer

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 25
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 12:11:30 PM »
What part of southern Ohio will you be visiting?

The Ohio side of where WV/KY/OH touch..  appropriately named South Point :)
83 Eagle Wagon

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 01:49:57 PM »
Cool, Thats pretty far from where I'm at,but never the less have a good time and best of luck with your eagle!
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline recomer

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 25
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 07:35:24 PM »
Made it back from trip..1500 total miles (500 each way and about 500 driving around the area). Car did great except when taking some of the bigger hills on I-64. By the time I got to the top of a few was barely doing 50 mph. Just wouldnt hold its speed on the hills. Averaged about 21 mpg on the hiway...Was stopped a few times by people that hadnt seen a running Eagle in years. Not many pics taken as I was on trip byself and just wanted to get there and stop driving for a bit...
83 Eagle Wagon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk