News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 06:37:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Transfer success  (Read 6613 times)

Offline indialyx

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
Transfer success
« on: July 03, 2012, 08:40:19 PM »
I recently purchased my first Eagle from another member on the forum, Prafeston.  Just wanted to let everyone know it was another Eagle success story.  I met him in Springfield, MO and got her up to South Dakota well.  She is beautiful and in good condition.  Check out the video I have posted of her and you can see a picture of Prafeston and I transferring ownership.  I feel really good about my new Eagle, It is my first one.  My experience with  Prafeston has been great.  Thank you.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc2FJEe57lM&list=HL1341361892&feature=mh_lolz

Prafeston

Re: Transfer success
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 10:06:14 PM »
I'm happy to have passed it on to such an enthusiastic owner! Look forward to seeing the car occasionally on the nest.

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
  • Ohh look, its an angry Eagle.
    • old betsy
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 05:41:01 PM »
Congratulations best of luck with it 
I Don't know why. But everybody's always talking about their STI or That guys EVO, I think I'll stick with my old, but reliable AmC. Did I ever tell you I was Full blooded Eagle?

Offline standup650

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
  • Never thought i'd have one but know i always will!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 11:10:37 PM »
Congrats! Hope you keep it as clean as praf has. my dog loves our eagle because i put the back seat down and throw his dog bed in the back and he can lie down and look out all the windows.

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
    • old betsy
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 12:35:28 AM »
Sorry I didn't comment on the video itself, Very well done.
I Don't know why. But everybody's always talking about their STI or That guys EVO, I think I'll stick with my old, but reliable AmC. Did I ever tell you I was Full blooded Eagle?

Offline Billman

• Lurking again
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 08:34:57 AM »
Love the video Love the music Welcome to the Nest
1982 SX/4
1983 SX/4
1983 wagonProject
1984 wagon DD
1996 Jeep
2007  Caliber
2004 Silverado

Offline philotomy

• Northeast Kingdom, VT.Eagle
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
  • AMC guy 'till the day I die
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 09:40:01 AM »
I second Billman's comment
Philotomy,(my old  D+D Hobbit character) noun,pronounced "fil oto mee",but you can call me Don
1987 Eagle station wagon 4.2 mpfi

Offline indialyx

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 09:37:42 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I am working on posting a few pictures now.  http://s1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj520/indialyxrose/

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
    • old betsy
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 03:50:03 PM »
Where did ya get those leafs, I like how it sits nice and high in the rear.

Prafeston

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 05:04:32 PM »
No leafs...I bought Rear Shackles off the Bay! I think they cost me about 45 bucks.

And how I had to get the rear leafs low enough to install the bolt on the lowest setting off the shackle (for the most amount of lift)

What it would look like if it had the front spacers installed on the coil springs! :) Just some incentive for you Alex!

Offline standup650

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
  • Never thought i'd have one but know i always will!
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 11:36:34 PM »
cant help but smile when i look at that car!

Offline TheWraith

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 07:15:18 AM »
Congrats on your new wheels.  That is one clean Eagle.

So, Prafeston, what's next?  A SX/4 maybe?
I am what Willis was talking about.

Prafeston

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 10:41:43 AM »
I'm all over the place with what I might get next. I already bought an '03 Suzuki SV650. It's my only form of transportation right now. I've been looking at CRXs, Civic Hatchbacks, Classic Beetles, Any wagon, Festivas, Eagles, Del Sols, Corrados...the list goes on. I'm wanting something either fuel efficient or unique. There is one SX/4 near by that I'm interested in, but it's gonna need a lot of work...new floor pans and some additional welding. Not to mention a little bit of tuning to get running. Would really rather not buy a project car.

Offline jim

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 102
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 01:20:58 PM »
For unique, I know where there are 2 pretty decent Eagle wagons, price negotiable (to a certain extent). ;D
Fuel efficiency is relative - both are more fuel effecient than my Yukon. ;)
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Prafeston

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 02:13:13 PM »
Hey Jim, sent you a PM so we don't get even more off topic here.

Again, cool video Alex and I look forward to seeing some progress on the TQ...I mean Foxy Brown! You have some mud flaps and an aluminum valve cover to install! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk