News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 11:50:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1985 Eagle 258  (Read 2047 times)

Offline Buzzard

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
1985 Eagle 258
« on: July 01, 2012, 01:08:27 PM »
I left the car in storage-it ran terrifically when parked. Do not know what they did jumping it. Now virtually no spark except when cranking is stopping. All components appear brand new. Replace Motorcraft box, Solenoid and coil. Very low original miles.
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Bill

rohnk

Re: 1985 Eagle 258
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 03:29:09 PM »
Distributor and/or points? Loose coil wire? Bad ground? Battery cells gone bad?

I'm outta ideas.  ???

Offline thereverendbill

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 09:38:48 PM »
have you tried a fresh battery?
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 12:27:04 AM »
I have a Chev HEI dist I bought today to cure that issue. I'll be using it to make the 4.0L run in my '83 J10 with a carb for a bit.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Buzzard

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 07:16:23 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I tried all of those tips and have ordered a distributor pick up coil as it doesn't test out well. I'll keep you posted for others in the future.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk