News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 19, 2024, 11:11:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1983 AMC Eagle Woody Wagon  (Read 6656 times)

Offline indialyx

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
1983 AMC Eagle Woody Wagon
« on: June 25, 2012, 10:31:21 PM »
Just purchased my first Eagle this weekend from a member on the forum.   :occasion14:
I really could not be happier.  I will post some pictures once I figure out how to post pictures on here. 

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
Re: 1983 AMC Eagle Woody Wagon
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 10:41:34 PM »
Congratulations Indialix,  can't wait to see pictures of  that sweet wagon.

Prafeston

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 10:44:00 PM »
So you know indialyx, priya is another one of our female members. Better make sure you guys stick together and don't let us boys get out of hand! :) Priya also has an amazing build thread should you ever wanna check it out.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 12:16:10 AM by Prafeston »

Offline indialyx

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 11:23:20 PM »
I am not sure what you mean by "build thread"?  I agree that we need to stick together because I can not believe what a freakin' head turner this car is. 

Offline thereverendbill

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 12:06:17 AM »
I am not sure what you mean by "build thread"?  I agree that we need to stick together because I can not believe what a :censored:' head turner this car is. 
watch out cause i have found people like to steer where there head is turning ;D
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 12:10:10 AM »
Indialix,  here is my build thread:

http://forums.amceaglenest.com/index.php?topic=15595.0

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 08:44:19 AM »
Indialix, Welcome to the finest site on the net. Ever have a problem or a question about your eagle someone here has a answer or solution.Good luck with your eagle. I believe you got a good one!
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline EagleJoe93

• "You'll know it's me when I roll through your town. I'm gonna ride around in style. I'm gonna drive everybody wild, cause I'll have the only one there is around."
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 09:08:51 AM »
Welcome to the nest.  :hello2: You'll find all the information on the AMC Eagle you could possibly imagine on this site. Many knowledgeable people come here frequently to answer questions. It sure has helped me out.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon Limited. Work in progress. Most likely have the only one in town. :)

Offline indialyx

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 10:15:37 AM »
Priya - Wow!  I took a look at your build thread and it is awesome.  As a newbie I bought one that does not need any work so I can learn all there is.  My boyfriend and his family collect Austin Healeys, Corvettes, and Thunderbirds, so I figured I would get in the game with the car that I love. 

I will have some pictures next weekend when she gets up here.  She is getting new tires now and has the camera in the back. 

:newbie:

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 11:24:26 AM »
Thanks Indialyx. 

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
  • If it can happen, it will happen to me.
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 03:13:01 PM »
Welcome to the Nest.
As others have stated, any questions you may have about your Eagle it can be answered here. Also, a TSM can be your best friend with these cars.
And there are a few of us female members here, guess we are just as elusive.
Congrats on snagging the new ride. One that nice and well kept is a rare gem.
Lurker & unintentional thread killer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called Cynicism by those who have not got it.
I am not now at my least, rather my most; not reduced, rather at my most complete.
Yes, I stand before you now, naked, unhidden, uncamouflaged and unafraid.
As pure and true as a human being is able to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline indialyx

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 11:21:03 PM »
MudPuppy - I know what you mean.  The more and more people see the car and the more I talk to people on the forum I can see what a lucky girl I am.  I am not sure if I am supposed to feel guilty driving it around, or sport it with pride and take it everywhere.  Not sure if i should lock her in a garage or take her out every day.  Nice to meet another lady.   :)

Hey there everyone, how often do you drive your eagles?  What is your opinion in terms of whether they should be driven into the ground and then rebuilt? Or preserved like an action figure in the original wrapping? 

Offline indialyx

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 11:23:59 PM »
And you know what, just talking to people I found out my old landlord who is a good friend of mine has three broken down eagles on his property.  he said he would have said something earlier if he had known I was into a car like that.  he is not on the computer much so i am going to go out to his farm and find out what all is out there.  He did say he was interested in restoring them.  We need more eagles on the road here in eastern South Dakota. 

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
  • If it can happen, it will happen to me.
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 11:30:38 PM »
And you know what, just talking to people I found out my old landlord who is a good friend of mine has three broken down eagles on his property.  he said he would have said something earlier if he had known I was into a car like that.  he is not on the computer much so i am going to go out to his farm and find out what all is out there.  He did say he was interested in restoring them.  We need more eagles on the road here in eastern South Dakota.  

Beware, Eagles are like Lay's potato chips... you can't have just 1! There's just too much proof around here for this not to be true. Don't see many of us that just have 1.
There really needs to be EAA (Eagle Addiction Anonymous)  :rotfl:
Lurker & unintentional thread killer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called Cynicism by those who have not got it.
I am not now at my least, rather my most; not reduced, rather at my most complete.
Yes, I stand before you now, naked, unhidden, uncamouflaged and unafraid.
As pure and true as a human being is able to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline indialyx

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 11:38:20 PM »
For some reason I am really into the wagons. 

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 11:59:10 PM »
welcome to the forum indialyx. and yes mudpuppy is right about them being like potato chips, as everytime i see one for sale (and I'm sure i'm not alone in this) i start wishing i had the money to get them and a place to keep them which drives my family nuts considering i'm obsessed with the two already have.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline ammachine390

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 42
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 01:02:34 AM »
cars were built to be driven!!!

Couldn't agree more. But also take care of it and make wise decisions. An Eagle thats as nice as yours probably shouldn't be the car to take out on salty roads. Although they are fun to drive in the snow. So I say drive it, but take care of it.

Whenever I go to car shows it always kinda bothers me how some people just trailer their cars around and never drive them. I realize they are valuable, but what's the point of having a nice car if you never drive it? I think its pretty cool how Jay Leno actually drives all of his classic cars.
Dan
1981 AMC Concord DL 258 Auto

Click for Villa_Park, IL Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk