News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 19, 2024, 03:08:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: cruise control removal  (Read 1943 times)

Offline jspeez13

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
cruise control removal
« on: June 16, 2012, 10:13:41 PM »
there is a blue box with a cicuit board inside of it stuffed in the dash of the driver side.  i traced the wires and it seems to be cruise control that i didnt know was in the car. there were no controls for cruise i could find so i think it had been cut out at some point.  does anyone know if i can just pull all of that stuff out without screwing something up.  i couldn't find anywhere that i was wired into a critical system.  im hopoing that this is one more item that i can eliminate from under the hood to simplify things..

Offline carguy87

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 11
Re: cruise control removal
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 12:18:06 PM »
Won't hurt a thing if you pull it.  The controls are on the turn signal stalk, a button on the end and a slide button on the front.  The control under the hood looks like a vacuum canister and is connected to the vacuum canister on the passenger side.  It's mounted under the 3relays behind the shock tower.

Offline jspeez13

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Re: cruise control removal
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 05:01:45 PM »
thanks i didnt think it would but i thought i would just check.  there are no controls for it so the previous owner must have broken it and removed the controls or something.  the rat nest is dwindling.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk