Choose style:

Author Topic: Stoney Lonesome 2  (Read 2214 times)

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 203
Stoney Lonesome 2
« on: May 03, 2012, 11:55:29 PM »
A buddy and I went to Stoney Lonesome OHV Park today in Breman, AL. It probably wasn't a good idea since it was raining all day. My buddy Brian has a '00 TJ with a 2" budget boost with 31" tires. We were only there for a little over an hour. To get to most of the trails, we needed to get up a hill. It was a forest road that would be easily passable by a 2wd car when dry, but the mud made it impossible for him. His A/T's filled with mud and were useless. I made it up no problem, but wish I didn't once I had to get down. It was a little scary sliding down the hill that had a curve midway through.

Here are some pics:

I got stuck here. It dropped off as soon as I got into the water. Brian had to winch me out. I probably could have kept on going straight, but I didn't want to chance getting stuck further up where Brian couldn't go.

The mud was extremely slippery. I slipped under the car, whacked my knee and was up to my waist in water. Brian grabbed this shot as I was getting up.

1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Prafeston

Re: Stoney Lonesome 2
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 01:25:32 AM »
Looks like he needed a little help on that last picture. Cool shots man!

Offline shaggimo

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
Re: Stoney Lonesome 2
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 08:06:54 AM »
Great pics Eaglefreek, eagle's a monster :occasion14:. Did your buddy air down? Makes a world of difference running the bfg at's (wheeled them for years on my heeps), of course still not as good as a nice mud tire  ;D .
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.