News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 05, 2024, 06:57:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New to Eaglenest  (Read 1665 times)

Offline mechanic80

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 7
  • 87 Limited Wagon
New to Eaglenest
« on: December 27, 2011, 05:42:56 PM »
Hello! Brand new to the AMC scene.  I just got an 87 Limited in remarkable shape (aside from 150k miles.)  I live in New Mexico's Manzano Mountains outside of Albuquerque at 7300'.  The car I bought is from PA and a low altitude car.  A classified ad mentioned that the forums helped him out when changing low to high altitude.  I've downloaded the "AMC Eagle Altitude Performance Adjustments"  page and will do those mods, but I have 2 questions:  Is the jumper wire (part # 318 6890) just a wire,  or does it have a diode or similar device?  TWO: the modification label # 8983 100 009 seems to be impossible to find. Can anyone with  a high altitude modified wagon send me a pic so I might have it recreated? (4.2 automatic.)  I'll post this in abbreviated form in another area if it seems appropriate.  I should have the Eagle from PA shortly after the new year!  CAN"T WAIT
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean everyone's  NOT out to get you! :amc:

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
Re: New to Eaglenest
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 07:22:37 PM »
Welcome to the Nest.  Heck, only 150K on a 26 year old car is not bad at all.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk