News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 01:44:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: lubbock, texas -- cool photo opportunity...  (Read 9474 times)

Offline GRONK

• The carburetor dude
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 55
    • GRONK Performance
Re: lubbock, texas -- cool photo opportunity...
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 10:48:20 AM »
No.  Come on.  I want t hear you make the noise.  It's better that way, really..... :rotfl:
"Bucket" 1983 Limited Wagon
"Tootie" 1984 Wagon
Owner - GRONK Performance

Offline kajsdf

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 11:08:06 AM »
maybe i'll do both... ::)
1985 eagle wagon limited
now more limited...
2150 swap...tf727/np229 swap...258 megabuild in the works...

Offline NYEagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 02:29:03 AM »
ha...if i can't figure out this clicky-clacky engine noise i'd be showing up in a focus...

I had a rattling noise under the hood this past weekend. It was the water pump bearing failing. It died on the Connecticut Tpke. Saturday night. I noticed a HUGE cloud of smoke emanating from the back of my Eagle, and heard the engine knocking (temp. gauge is not working). Pulled off the highway and Thank God there was a Starbuck's there, because it was freezing out! Popped the hood and saw everything was soaked in antifreeze. Called AAA and got some Hot Chocolate. We were far from home, but luckily my brother-in-law lives nearby and he rescued us. A local garage put in a new water pump & lower rad. hose and I picked the car up 2 days later.
Car is nice, quiet, and runs smoothly again. This is probably the 4th time (in 8 years) I've experienced total coolant loss and the engine has overheated badly. Fix the problem, fill with antifreeze, and she's running smoothly again. Tough engine that 258!

~ Joe in NY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk