News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 13, 2024, 07:50:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: my new eagle needs some help  (Read 5729 times)

Offline jim

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 102
Re: my new eagle needs some help
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 09:28:56 PM »
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline Hawk258

• Theoretical Customizer with Dilutions of engineering greatness
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • With Great horsepower comes great FUN!
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 05:08:07 AM »
Update, There is a link for doing some seat swaps and bracket modifications for "Other seats" http://forums.amceaglenest.com/index.php?topic=36693.0 he has pics too.

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
other prior vehicles include:
1985 Dodge (OMNI) charger
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit
1982 AMC Eagle wagon (Was going to be parts car)

Offline big_iron

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 09:02:08 AM »
shows galesburg is 5 hours from me
mixed martial artist are like pit bulls. were highly trained and bred to protect our family, our property, and ourselves. But when someone rattles the cage and gets bit they aim to put us down like their stupidity is our fault. I am a cage fighter, does that mean i want to hurt you outside the cage? No. will i stand there and let you beat me because im trained to fight inside the cage? No. If you pick a fight i will defend my self, regardless of my training or your lack of. if you get hurt i may feel bad but in the end the fault is yours. If your to stupid not to start something you cant finish the i suggest you stay on the porch.

Offline jim

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 102
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 02:15:39 PM »
Too bad.  Mavericke could probably have helped if close enough.  He is just a few miles south of Galesburg.
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline big_iron

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 02:21:06 PM »
ill get it all figured out ill just be posting lots of help wanted adds on here  :rotfl: :help: :rotfl:
mixed martial artist are like pit bulls. were highly trained and bred to protect our family, our property, and ourselves. But when someone rattles the cage and gets bit they aim to put us down like their stupidity is our fault. I am a cage fighter, does that mean i want to hurt you outside the cage? No. will i stand there and let you beat me because im trained to fight inside the cage? No. If you pick a fight i will defend my self, regardless of my training or your lack of. if you get hurt i may feel bad but in the end the fault is yours. If your to stupid not to start something you cant finish the i suggest you stay on the porch.

Offline big_iron

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 08:34:25 AM »
so while finding all the hidden rust on my bird i also found out the kick down linkage (between the carb and linkage to the tranz) was just hanging. tried to  :censored: rig it on there and its not working so now i need to find one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk