News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 14, 2024, 04:03:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DEI Boom Mat Spray On  (Read 2678 times)

Alcology

DEI Boom Mat Spray On
« on: October 02, 2011, 03:25:26 PM »
http://www.designengineering.com/category/catalog/boom-mat-acoustical-products/boom-mat-spray

Anyone ever seen this?  Search and Restore on spiketv used this on a couple builds.  I had been wondering what to use for sound-deadening and this seems like a good choice. 

Offline olymunch

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Re: DEI Boom Mat Spray On
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 10:37:38 PM »
There are lots of products out there like this. Personally I'm going with LizardSkin. For the cost/coverage/and cleanup plus performance I think it's the best of the bunch.

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 11:13:26 PM »
Looks like the Boom Mat is available in spray cans, which is a benefit to those of us that don't have access to a compressor and sprayer.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 02:03:47 PM »
In a similar vein, I'm looking at Herculiner on the roof of my wagon to cut noise (can't hear myself think during recent hail storms!) ensure no more leaks and I was considering making it light colored to reflect summer heat.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline olymunch

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 03:20:04 PM »
You mean on top on the outside? I have also been thinking about painting my whole sx4 in the same type of material. I found some in a matte finish that I like. If you put it just on top be sure to get good adhesion above the windshield because constant wind and dirt and rain WILL peel it back. I'd say go under the window trim and down both pillars.

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 10:26:19 PM »
I mean just the roof outside like a vinyl roof. The pinholes for the sliders tend to leak as well as the roof rack "feet" whenever you use it to tie stuff on top and I don't like that.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk