News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 13, 2024, 02:22:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: It took me long enuff'  (Read 8189 times)

Offline kral

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
It took me long enuff'
« on: June 25, 2011, 03:37:13 PM »
I really wish  I couldve done this sooner, first you gotta fix'em then you clean 'em up. No sooner did I fix the tranny, then the rear brakes went , that was quick.Never done brakes before so its gonna take me while, in  the mean time, tell me what ya' think.

http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/carscars4u/my%2085%20AMC%20Eagle/?action=view&current=85eagle04.jpg

http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/carscars4u/my%2085%20AMC%20Eagle/?action=view&current=85eagle01.jpg
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 03:39:50 PM by kral »

Smitch

Re: It took me long enuff'
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 03:48:03 PM »
There's no stopping you now!!  ;D

Looks good!

Offline 83Eagle!

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 05:49:19 PM »
Looks great. 

That picture with the quote looks like it could be a good ad or post card.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 01:18:43 AM »
Thats a good looking Eagle....AMC guys (and gals) also seem to have a bit more patience than fans of other brands.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 01:42:02 PM »
That's a good looking Eagle....AMC guys (and gals) also seem to have a bit more patience than fans of other brands.

HI       times   two
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline amc78concord

• If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
  • Second Place is the First Loser!
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 03:10:51 PM »
I like the brown on brown color.  Looks like a very complete Eagle.  Have fun with it!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 08:37:50 PM by amc78concord »
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-83 Eagle Limited Wagon "Woody"
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon
-Many Others... :amc:

:duck:

Click for Nekoosa, Wisconsin Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 01:47:52 AM »
Unless you got a huge  lump of cash to just get in there and replace/restore everything from the ground to the roof rack these cars are generally an ongoing project....but its so worth it....Its like an old faithful dog...always needing constant attention but it pays you back in so many ways.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline milliard431

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 25
    • Robs1980eagle
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 06:02:58 PM »
Nice looking wagon

Prafeston

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 04:00:12 PM »
Congrats on the Eagle. Poop brown...gotta love it! :)

Offline kajsdf

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 04:09:33 PM »
dig the color...amc has the best color choices

brakes are easy -- just make sure you have all the parts and tools needed before you start so you can get it done quick, otherwise motivation goes out the window and what should be an afternoon job turns into weeks...

wd40 and a 4lb sledge gets the drums off quick

your e-brake cables in the rear (and probably the front cable too -- mine was) are probably rusted shut if they haven't been used much -- they're 20-30ish on rockauto and i recommend a hold-down and spring kit as well, very cheap on rockauto.  a new set of cylinders is a good idea too, very cheap and easy to install, just make sure you get a buddy to help out and bleed the fluid when you're done. 

good news is if your car has less than 90k miles you can probably get the original drums turned -- these have a lot of wear tolerance.

but definitely do one side at a time so you have a reference as to where parts go -- remember they are mirror images of each other
1985 eagle wagon limited
now more limited...
2150 swap...tf727/np229 swap...258 megabuild in the works...

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 08:00:11 PM »
Eagle looks great and I don't blame you for cleaning it first and then fixing it.Something about working on a clean car makes thing for some unknown reason go so much better and eaiser. Just my feelings anyway. Enjoy your Eagle.
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 02:10:02 AM »

HI   I have A brown on brown eagle .mine is not that nice .......   Eagleman you got an egg that's the way i like to do when i work on cars .............. Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline milliard431

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 25
    • Robs1980eagle
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 06:21:42 PM »
I am going to try to post a picture of just how nice that brown is when it was new. let me know if this worked. I copied the IMG link

Offline milliard431

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 25
    • Robs1980eagle
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 06:23:09 PM »
YES BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Warning JIM Danger danger, pending system overload, Evil Dr. Smith is tempting your Dark side

Offline milliard431

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 25
    • Robs1980eagle
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 06:26:52 PM »
So how do you like that POOP?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk