News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 13, 2024, 02:41:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bluebird flew the coupe.  (Read 21291 times)

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
Re: Bluebird comes home!
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2011, 01:57:21 AM »
I gave it to tougeagle...Im looking for a nicer Eagle that needs less work...I am going to practice my painting skill on her soon just to see if I still got it.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2011, 01:36:41 AM »

Hi  Shane did you try your painting skills on blue bird and if so how did it turn out ....DO you still have it

..........Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2011, 01:38:50 AM »
I still got her....Tougeagle got out of the eagle scene after he had to sell caroline....Once the weather warms up I plan on doing some practice painting...Ill probably put her up on freebees just cuz I dont have the time to work on her and Id really like to see it go to a good home....plus I got my eye on a real nice sx4 sport.

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
Re: Bluebird flew the coupe.
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2012, 02:57:46 AM »
Gronk came and got Bluebird today. She was loaded up pretty good with an engine, transmission, and bunches of other misc. parts for ginger....if the springs werent sagging before they are now LOL We did have a few issues getting her up on the trailer but Ill let Gronk tell you about that.

Offline GRONK

• The carburetor dude
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 55
    • GRONK Performance
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2012, 08:56:57 AM »
Lesson learned the hard way.

When borrowing a truck/trailer, don't assume the hitch/ball already mounted on the truck is the correct size.   Even if it is a standard 2" ball.  Even if you have had the trailer towing behind the truck for over a week.  Even if you have already towed 2 cars with it hooked up EXACTLT that way.  Once you try to load a Bluebird loaded with an extra 500+ lbs of "stuff", the trailer will release itself from the ball and put a nice gash in your "borrowed" trucks tailgate.

I'm returning the truck today with $500 cash to cover the deductible. :-\

Shanebo, picture of damage please...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 09:12:32 AM by GRONK »
"Bucket" 1983 Limited Wagon
"Tootie" 1984 Wagon
Owner - GRONK Performance

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2012, 02:51:43 PM »
I can relate to the loaded car squat look. When they dropped caroline here off the carrier, it was loaded to the roof with parts, includeing the rear and front passeneger seat full.The guy griped because it leaked fluid onto the top of a nice BMW - hey, he was the one who put it on the top ; ) .

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2012, 07:03:44 PM »
without further ado I present the photos of the damage...

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2012, 07:17:19 PM »
Did you tell your wife what happened Gronk? I didnt realize my wife saw the whole thing happen and when I got back inside she said, and I quote..."See, nothing good will ever come of those ugly old cars....Someone could have been hurt or killed."

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2012, 07:46:09 PM »
yeah a similar experience with me and a trailer happened. I had it loaded with 2 costly vintage Indians and decided to take it off the ball thinking it would just set down.Too much wieght rearward of the axle - I hung on trying to keep it from tipping up.Luckily I wasn't hurt, nor were the bikes.

Offline GRONK

• The carburetor dude
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 55
    • GRONK Performance
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2012, 08:41:00 PM »
"sigh"  Yup, I told her. 
"Tootie" 1984 Wagon

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2012, 02:38:13 AM »
my mom and dad lost a ford ranger tailgate that way. the were moving from Oklahoma to here in Colorado they were using their 98 ranger to tow a fully loaded trailer that had a 83 Chevy S10 packed to the gills when the latch on the trailer tongue broke and caused it to come off the ball and slam into the back of the ranger destroying the tailgate, and they were doing 65mph on the highway when it happened. surprisingly the only damage was to the tailgate and trailer latch as it could have been much worse.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline GRONK

• The carburetor dude
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 55
    • GRONK Performance
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2012, 09:02:26 AM »
Everything is good.  No one was hurt and Bluebird made it to her new home safely.  insurance deductible is $500.  Done and done...
"Tootie" 1984 Wagon

Offline philotomy

• Northeast Kingdom, VT.Eagle
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
  • AMC guy 'till the day I die
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2012, 09:56:09 AM »
DOH! glad no one was hurt
Philotomy,(my old  D+D Hobbit character) noun,pronounced "fil oto mee",but you can call me Don
1987 Eagle station wagon 4.2 mpfi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk