News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 13, 2024, 04:05:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bluebird flew the coupe.  (Read 21289 times)

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
Re: Bluebird comes home!
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2011, 11:52:06 PM »
Me and Tougeagle spent the better part of a day and most of the night working on bluebird...even swapped out the rear axles...had a blast though. found out we needed new wheel cylinders for Caroline and one for bluebird....Hit a bit of an obsticle with the bleeder valves....But Eaglers always overcome!!....We are going to do a head gasket job on bluebird in the next few weeks.....she blows some vapory white smoke but other than that runs pretty darn descent.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2011, 11:47:24 AM »

HI    Shane  sounds like you have the same problem that I have... intake gasket... glad to hear every thing
              else is coming right along.. did you get Carolin's wheel cylinders fixed..hope so .....thanks.......Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2011, 01:05:13 PM »

HI      How Is Blue Bird coming along .. I see I maid a mistake about head gasket mine was intake not head .
                  A little more detailed than intake gasket ....Hay Toug my outher eagles got in the high 26-27 or so .
                   But I am only 634 feet above sea level you are a little bit higher that will make a difference ....

Later ...............Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2011, 01:22:31 AM »
We havent really had a chance to do much with it. Both myself and Tougeagle have been pretty busy. I gotta give him a hollar this week. He must be pretty busy cuz i have not seen any new posts from him on here in a while.

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2011, 08:27:16 AM »

HI       Shan     toug said he was going to be busy for a while ......Good luck to hem and you ....
                    To day is have a good DAY ...day.............Don

Offline tougeagle

• Horses, rodeos, diesel trucks and AMC Eagles
  • Thumbs Up 75
  • There are many like it, but this one is mine
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2011, 02:40:20 PM »
Hey guys, definitely a bt busy but broke more than anything right now. I need to make some posts, colorado auto parts has three new eagles in the yard in denver  one is an 80 with pristine interior.....

I need to get a transfer case for caroline preferably a 119 but would take a 129. Thats what is binding up and im gonna smoke this rear end if i dont return the rear driveline to stock...but, im so broke that i have to hope that where ever my work sends me, i can afford to get there with the quarter tank i have. I badly want bluebird down here... I think ill replace the transfer case in caroline once ive got some money again and tow bluebird back with er.

My power steering is having problems again, this time the fitting at the back of the pump, pressure side, is steadily leaking fluid out. Thats the straw that broke the camels back, im going to remove the pumptoday and when i eventually brig bluebird down ill take her box to the rebuilder here and have him find me a manual saginaw from a truck or something, cus im at my wits end on trying to make it work and i refuse to wste any more money on band  aiding the situation.

Also havent been posting much because i havent had the cah to pay the internet bill for the past month and a half so ive been posting from my phone....and, i quit smoking two days ago....

Upcoming 1982 Wagon "The Silver Bullet"
Goals: 550hp/600tq 4.5L EFI Turbo Stroker, Tremec 6 speed manual
2007 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 6 speed 600+hp/1400+tq fully deleted
1998 Honda Civic "the hoopdy"

What's your 'sona?

A dream car does not have to be beautiful in the eyes of others, it's not theirs.

Offline brentsydlik

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2011, 09:12:54 PM »
my parents have been smoking for 30+ years and have tried to quit many times. i wish you the best of luck and hope that you can overcome it... if nothing else you would be better able to afford the parts you need for restoring old birds!

Offline Sunny

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2011, 09:32:15 PM »
if nothing else you would be better able to afford the parts you need for restoring old birds!

You'd be amazed what you can save by quitting. My room mate quit and bought a brand new car for the same amount he spent on smoking per month.

Smitch

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2011, 09:49:54 PM »
For anyone who wants to quit smoking without willpower!!

http://allencarr.com/category/smoking/

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread! ;D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 10:05:38 PM by Smitch »

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2011, 11:47:53 PM »
  one is an 80 with pristine interior.....

What color??  If Limited in light tan, I could use some parts for the TD Eagle.
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2011, 07:44:05 PM »
  one is an 80 with pristine interior.....

What color??  If Limited in light tan, I could use some parts for the TD Eagle.

Rollguy, here is my post about that same 1980 wagon.  Its not a limited, but I think it did have a light interior.  Not leather though.

http://forums.amceaglenest.com/index.php?topic=35905.0
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2011, 10:50:54 PM »
You still workin on the TD Rollguy?

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2011, 10:05:03 AM »
You still workin on the TD Rollguy?
Yes, and no.  The yes, whenever I find parts (and time) to restore it, and no because Terry at Rambler Ranch will hopefully pick it up soon, and I will not need to do any more work on it.
And now back to our regularly scheduled topic.
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline tougeagle

• Horses, rodeos, diesel trucks and AMC Eagles
  • Thumbs Up 75
  • There are many like it, but this one is mine
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2011, 04:09:05 PM »
Shane, see my ad in the amc vehicles for sale section, it concerns Caroline and Bluebird....
Upcoming 1982 Wagon "The Silver Bullet"
Goals: 550hp/600tq 4.5L EFI Turbo Stroker, Tremec 6 speed manual
2007 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 6 speed 600+hp/1400+tq fully deleted
1998 Honda Civic "the hoopdy"

What's your 'sona?

A dream car does not have to be beautiful in the eyes of others, it's not theirs.

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2011, 02:06:19 PM »

HI     What happened to BLUE BIRD ......Shane do you have any idea ? ?
                                                                                                                           Don

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk