News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 05:47:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Poor guy shouldn't try to work on his Truck...  (Read 4515 times)

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
Poor guy shouldn't try to work on his Truck...
« on: May 13, 2011, 11:11:31 AM »
In my parking lot, I park right beside this younger guy (early 20's) who's working on his 2004 Jimmy.   He's trying to 'flush' his tranny fluid with a bucket and a jug of tranny fluid.  

So we're chatting, and he's taken one of the tubes off (that runs to the top of the rad) and he's got that metal tube to a hose, going to a bucket.  He cranks up the Jimmy, and it's pouring out of the hole the fitting was just in.  I tell him where it's leaking out of.  Fluid is spreading all over the pavement.

So he goes, "if that's supply, then the other side is drain" then he starts taking the fitting off the other end of the rad.   I say, "well, you gotta do something with this hole, cause that's where it's leaking out of."  So he looks at it, and then takes the fitting off the other side, and puts a hose in the hole the 2nd fitting came out of.

Basically, he's got a hose going to one fitting, then he takes off the other fitting and tries to fashion a hose to the rad.  So now he's got a hose to one fitting, a hose to the rad on the other end, and the supply line is off with nothing.  

Well, he was close to having it right... That was fun to watch.  There was a huge puddle of Tranny fluid under his truck.  So he takes a break from making a mess, and looks at my car.

"How much work was it to 'Jack-up' the car?"
"well, I didn't.  that's the way they are made."

"Really?"
"Yup, it's an Eagle"

"What's that?"
"American Motors Eagle"

"Never heard of that, that's pretty cool."
"Yeah, and it's a 4x4 car.  That's the way they came from the factory."

"Really?  Cool"

That was really interesting that he thought I had taken an old 'normal' car, and turned it into this jacked up 4x4 car.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 11:54:30 AM by Whuntmore »

0stego

Re: Poor guy shouldn't try to work on his Truck...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 03:11:48 PM »
Lol, excellent. Always fun to inform people on vehicles they have never seen before.  :)

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 03:35:58 PM »
Does his transmission still function?
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 04:06:32 PM »
I think it does, I mean he had like several gallon jugs bought.  he had a box of them. 

I didn't bother to stick around too long, but when I was leaving, he was putting all the fittings back on... So I'm hoping for his sake, he filled it back up with tranny fluid.

wagoneerhauler

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 04:20:25 PM »
I wonder if he had changed the filter too?

Offline tougeagle

• Horses, rodeos, diesel trucks and AMC Eagles
  • Thumbs Up 75
  • There are many like it, but this one is mine
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 10:09:31 PM »
In my parking lot, I park right beside this younger guy (early 20's) who's working on his 2004 Jimmy.   He's trying to 'flush' his tranny fluid with a bucket and a jug of tranny fluid. 

So we're chatting, and he's taken one of the tubes off (that runs to the top of the rad) and he's got that metal tube to a hose, going to a bucket.  He cranks up the Jimmy, and it's pouring out of the hole the fitting was just in.  I tell him where it's leaking out of.  Fluid is spreading all over the pavement.

So he goes, "if that's supply, then the other side is drain" then he starts taking the fitting off the other end of the rad.   I say, "well, you gotta do something with this hole, cause that's where it's leaking out of."  So he looks at it, and then takes the fitting off the other side, and puts a hose in the hole the 2nd fitting came out of.

Basically, he's got a hose going to one fitting, then he takes off the other fitting and tries to fashion a hose to the rad.  So now he's got a hose to one fitting, a hose to the rad on the other end, and the supply line is off with nothing. 

Well, he was close to having it right... That was fun to watch.  There was a huge puddle of Tranny fluid under his truck.  So he takes a break from making a mess, and looks at my car.

"How much work was it to 'Jack-up' the car?"
"well, I didn't.  that's the way they are made."

"Really?"
"Yup, it's an Eagle"

"What's that?"
"American Motors Eagle"

"Never heard of that, that's pretty cool."
"Yeah, and it's a 4x4 car.  That's the way they came from the factory."

"Really?  Cool"

That was really interesting that he thought I had taken an old 'normal' car, and turned it into this jacked up 4x4 car.

I've been "that guy" before on a few thigns in auto parts parking lots... He'll look back and be a little embarrassed at himself later in life XD

Several people have asked the same question... It's fun explaining it to them. My new coworker had never seen one in his life, and has suddenly become very interested in owning one :D
Upcoming 1982 Wagon "The Silver Bullet"
Goals: 550hp/600tq 4.5L EFI Turbo Stroker, Tremec 6 speed manual
2007 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 6 speed 600+hp/1400+tq fully deleted
1998 Honda Civic "the hoopdy"

What's your 'sona?

A dream car does not have to be beautiful in the eyes of others, it's not theirs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk