News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 03:22:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another Small World- SX4  (Read 3696 times)

Offline dkoug

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 9
  • 85 Eagle Basic
Another Small World- SX4
« on: April 07, 2011, 07:28:13 PM »
Me again

Hans is a retired mechanic who is busy now more than before he retired.

He found time to put my recently purchased 82 SX4 on his trailer for a ride to East Glen High School for a safety.

Turns out his daughter had one for years.  He said she never got stuck and always started even at -40.

Another Eagle Fan

dkoug

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
Re: Another Small World- SX4
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 07:35:09 PM »
I was having lunch with another Nester last week and I mentioned this very thing.

Seems as though everyone you talk to either had an Eagle themselves or knows someone who did.

For a car with relatively low production numbers, the Eagle sure did have an impact on a lot of people.
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 07:37:34 PM »
X2

Manitowoc WI

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 06:30:19 AM »
You talk to most anyone and they may not remember AMC but they can equate the Rambler nameplate to almost any AMC product.  The old Rambler name stuck around a long time as a way to identify AMC products.  Eagle, the name is recognized, but you do have to quantify what kind of Eagle they are thinking of.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 12:52:12 PM »
You talk to most anyone and they may not remember AMC but they can equate the Rambler nameplate to almost any AMC product.  The old Rambler name stuck around a long time as a way to identify AMC products.  Eagle, the name is recognized, but you do have to quantify what kind of Eagle they are thinking of.

Ain't that the truth...  They always think it's an Eagle Talon.  That's what I get anyways.

I was in the Auto Parts store a few weeks ago, and I go up to the counter, ask a younger guy, I'm looking for parts for a American Motors 1986 eagle... He goes, "an eagle talon?"    Nooooo   :banghead:  AN AMERICAN MOTORS -  an AMC eagle. 

He had no idea what that was.  All he could say was an eagle talon.  Even after I explained it's an AMC.  Different company.  figures...

one of the other store guys had to come over and show him.  "it's under AMC"  New guy goes, "I've never heard of that",  I go, "It's sitting right outside if you want to look at it"

At least the older (or more experienced guys) have some idea what it is.  That happens all the time.  Luckily, one of our AMC members has an auto parts store, so asking him isn't a huge deal, it's when he doesn't have the parts, and I have to go to one of the other stores. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk