News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 07:16:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: one left in ohio,,  (Read 8651 times)

Offline n9xvt

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
Re: one left in ohio,,
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 02:59:16 PM »
well she runs and drives real nice,,the more i drive it,,the more i wanna drive it,,but looks like to me i'm gonna end up with plenty invested it it,,but its a good fit for me,,i dont know body work,,and the body/chassis are in good shape,,most of the interior needs freshened up,,some mechanical work to get thru,,i can turn wrenches!,,if i put in a non-factory type cd player,,does it matter? i dont quite think it's show car anyway,,the pre molded carpets are pretty salty in my book,,i need sunvisors!

Offline thereverendbill

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 08:00:23 PM »
the thing with an aftermarket CD player you have to cut the radio bezel to install it and then there is no way of going back to the way it once was. I personaly like the look of the shaft style radio in a vintage car, but to each their own

that is the way i went and i got it off amazon.com with 2 speakers for under 70 bucks
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 07:37:15 PM »
I believe before I would cut to fit I would mount it in the glove box,but to each there own.You can always buy a used piece that has not been cut to return it to stock. Just my two cents.
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 10:37:49 PM »
another option is to find a later model parts eagle that had the digital display radio and swap the center dash panel. It would be the simulated wood grain so you would probably want to grab the glove box door and the gauge cluster trim too so it all matches. :)
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk