News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 04:56:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hello From Plymouth, INDIANA.  (Read 24759 times)

Offline thereverendbill

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
Re: Hello From Plymouth, INDIANA.
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2010, 03:23:31 PM »
i hate to say this but, you are getting a car that is 25+ years old.  I know in my state (PA) they are classifed as antique.  My best advice to you is get an eagle but also look into getting a second car for more of your daily driver duties
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline Eagle1983

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2010, 04:05:26 PM »
It sounds more like it is ticking like a clock, which of the two is worse ticking or knocking and how much would it cost to fix for each of them. Have a nice day.
Eagles never die.

Offline Eagle1983

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2010, 04:07:32 PM »
I already have a daily driver but it is a camero and I need something more suitable for northern Indiana winters.
Eagles never die.

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2010, 04:11:28 PM »
Knock bad tick better. An oil change might be all it would need to fix a tick. For example.

A knock usuaully means a rebuild of the motor

Manitowoc WI

Offline Eagle1983

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2010, 04:14:38 PM »
Knock bad tick better. An oil change might be all it would need to fix a tick. For example.

A knock usuaully means a rebuild of the motor

Thanks for the response, How often do engines tick over knock, he said his son used it as a daily driver while at college then it was put into storage for 4 years, I am pretty sure he said that is has not had a tune up since and that it is still running off of the same oil and gas that was in it when it was put into storage. Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 04:31:21 PM by Eagle1983 »
Eagles never die.

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2010, 05:15:54 PM »
Hydraulic lifter ticking is common on old cars.  An oil change or too may fix a tick on a car that has sat like that one has.  There are some additives that may end minor ticking.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline tomtom

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2010, 05:17:07 PM »
I just saw the comments on that 88 wagon. I know i'm a week or so late on it but just thought i'd give some info. I think its the same one i checked out in kenosha a few months ago, the seller wanted 500 for it on "the list" and when i called about it, it was sold. A few days later I saw an ad on the chicago area list advertising a VERY similar car, same big smash in the pass. side door for 1000. My point is it seems like its changed hands alot lately, i'm thinking the guy was just trying to make a few bucks.

Offline Eagle1983

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2010, 11:07:45 PM »
I was also wondering, I noticed that the Limited 1987 I am looking at does not have any eagle emblem on the hood, would I just need to buy a new one and put it on. Also are there any limited emblems that would also be on the outside of the car. Have a nice day.
Eagles never die.

Offline Eagle1983

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2010, 06:45:14 PM »
I was wondering how hard is it to find a proportional brake valve for a 1985 Eagle, I found a 1985 in IL but it needs a new Proportional brake valve. Have a nice day.
Eagles never die.

Offline Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 34
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2010, 08:52:11 PM »
Try this web site:
http://www.4wd.com/subcategories.aspx?cid=1010&jeep-sid=1139
Maybe call them and ask their advice.
JC Whitney might also have them
Hope this helps.
2010 Toyota Rav4 pack mule
1985 AMC Eagle Limited Wagon 🖖🏼🦅
2020 Honda Africa Twin the long haul trucker

Offline Eagle1983

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2010, 03:37:43 PM »
I was also wondering how hard is it to find replacement vacuum lines and clamps, Found a Eagle really close but the owner mentioned that the vacuum lines have rotted out from sitting and that because of that the 4 wheel drive does not work and it has to be driven two footed, are there places that sell the full kits or will it require some looking around to find the parts.
Eagles never die.

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2010, 04:47:32 PM »
You will need to purchase bulk hose that you will then cut to length.  No clamps are used on the vacuum lines.  There are a few different diameters so take some your old hoses of different diameter with you to the parts store.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Eagle1983

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2010, 10:21:17 PM »
Thanks for the response. Where would I be able to find a diagram for the vacuum hose lines.
Eagles never die.

Offline Eagle1983

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2010, 05:20:50 PM »
Hello, I was wondering if a CJ brake proportional valve replacement would work on a AMC Eagle. Thank you for your time.
Eagles never die.

Offline Eagle1983

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2010, 12:47:33 PM »
 ;D I finally have a Eagle, It is a 1984 Eagle 30 Sedan, it is two tone brown, I will try to get some pics up this weekend of the car, Found it in Stanton MI, Paid 3000 for it, The underside barely has any surface rust, driver side door has a little on bottom, The car has manual windows and locks, all original. The seller had put on a New carb-tried two rebuild but had bad luck so put on a new factory original one, new steering box,new brakes,new coolant lines, even had a new air filter, last oil change was 1,000 miles ago, and had a full tank of gas, interior looks almost spotless, except for one mark on the front passenger seat. Drove it all the way home for 4 hours straight, only used 3/4 of a tank of gas, was mostly on highways going 65-70, also took a few back roads, hit one very steep hill though and had to about floor it to stay at 50 MPH, also did a brake test when I hit a green light entering a town doing 50 just to find out it was a T. has 143,500 miles on engine, only problem is that it looks like one of the valve gaskets is leaking some oil, engine is a bit covered in it on the bottom, back suspension also needs new shocks. besides that good car, also interior is tan. Also missing amc Hood badge, Just double checking the 1984 model did have switch on the fly right, the switch does not say you have to stop but was just making sure as Wiki says 1985 but does not really mention it for 1984. Have a nice day.
Eagles never die.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk