News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 06:17:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: It's a go on the '85 wagon project (AUG2010)  (Read 28042 times)

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
Re: It's a go on the '85 wagon project (AUG2010)
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2016, 04:07:40 PM »
Wow, that is a bummer!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline maximus7001

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 12
  • Winnipeg, Canada
Re: It's a go on the '85 wagon project (AUG2010)
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2016, 01:27:12 AM »
That is bad news.  You had a lot of work into this project.

Well at least the rest of the work had not been done yet, was just about to be. Had it all set up to do lots of work as soon as the ground was going to be dry. Was going to pick up the parts car and swap the nicer doors gaining power windows and locks and flat hood with ornament, nice windshield, 1000km alternater, newish fan blower and the usual other things. Also arranged with the parts already on hand was the new exhaust system with the thrush turbo and Clifford Eagle header and the gronk 2150 complete setup swap and hei. Also have a bunch of parts that were waiting to be put on this spring/summer. Everything (not from the parts car) will be for sale soon and I will offer it all in the for sale section.

I am going to abandon the parts car now. If I just walk away from the parts car then I default on the $250 owed on storage and he will break even on scrap value at the shredder. Unfortunately there is no way to gain on anything by keeping the parts car as the resale of anything would be trumped by moving it again and further higher storage costs at my current storage place that includes guard dogs, electricity and an air hose for $25 cdn/month..

Now I can just concentrate on the 68 Javelin and the safari van that both need lots of work.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 01:28:56 AM by maximus7001 »
1968 Javelin SST 290
1981 Concord DL sedan, vintage red metallic (now parts car)
1985 Eagle wagon, same colour as the concord (project car/daily driver)
1997 GMC Safari SLT AWD (full time 4x4) G-80 LSD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk