News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 26, 2024, 05:13:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: project desert Eagle  (Read 43601 times)

Offline truckboy13

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
Re: project desert Eagle
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2010, 10:54:14 PM »
  1 rear washer nozzle 
Where did you get it?!!!!!!
I have a friend that has 23 eagles and he let me have one. I think you can get them new but they are like $30
1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL- Old Daily driver now has a new transmission and will become a daily driver again once I start on my eagle.

1986 Chevy 1 Ton non-dually regular cab-I miss that old truck :(.

1985 AMC Eagle Wagon- My new daily driver that has started an AMC obsession

" It's an AMC thing... normal people wouldn't understand"

Offline truckboy13

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2010, 01:39:32 PM »
Ok time for an update: Im actually moving here soon and will have a place to store it and work on it out of the weather. I have already bought the following new parts but have not installed them yet to to the whole moving thing. New cork valve cover gasket, 5 feet of vacuum line, speedi sleeve set( will be a life saver later on lol).I'm getting a transmission mount next week and I may order a new harmonic balancer. Napa does not have a harmonic balancer for the eagle specifically but they have one for the cherokees with the 258 but Idk if it will work cuz its balanced for a cherokee not an eagle. I also have to go out to mavs and get my old engine soon. and btw my wagon didnt come with factory fog lights but im looking at installing some that look like factory. Idk what brand to go with? i like alot of Hella, and KC stuff any Ideas?
1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL- Old Daily driver now has a new transmission and will become a daily driver again once I start on my eagle.

Offline truckboy13

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2010, 01:41:49 PM »
I have some updated photos as well im going to try to find them and up load them within the day....

Offline truckboy13

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2011, 06:32:06 PM »
Rust In Peace. It was hauled to the junkyard. there was little to nothing i could have done. The story is in Pit stop

Offline milliard431

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 25
    • Robs1980eagle
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2011, 06:44:38 AM »
I have been reading your progress since you joined the nest and I am sorry to see it all come to such a sad end. It's too bad more people don't know about the fatal rust areas before they buy. I'm positive given your initial enthusiasm that were it not for the rust you would be the proud owner of a mint Eagle by now. Even if this experience causes you to give up on Eagles I'm sure you are a car guy for life. Best of luck to you.

Offline truckboy13

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2011, 10:38:36 PM »
I meant to rest in peace lol. it had NO RUST what so ever. I TRIED to find some but i never could. This has not made me give up on Eagles or AMC's It has actually made me want one even more believe it or not. I now have a lot of knowledge on what to do and what not to do. It was all made possible by everyone here on the nest and I am in fact looking for another one to have as a daily driver but due to how wide spread everyone is and the availibility of AMC's here in central ohio it may be a little bit of time and the price of gas has factored into it as well so I think i may have a honda in my future but another eagle is definately in my future.

Offline Jayson_d14

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2015, 12:44:44 PM »
Back from the dead with you, there wasn't any story I could find in the Pitstop.  Does anyone know what happened?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk