News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 12:51:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Love my 82 Eagle Limited Wagon  (Read 3091 times)

Offline dkoug

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 9
  • 85 Eagle Basic
Love my 82 Eagle Limited Wagon
« on: February 16, 2011, 04:00:11 PM »
Here is a reply I got from a GMC RV site when I mentioned the amount of snow here

"Wow, nice cars, I remember them from my child hood, errr, when I was just a couple years younger than now, err, uh, yeah.

I had an 83 AMC Eagle SX4... WHAT A FUN LITTLE CAR!!!
They hit the nail on the head when they built that model,  2 and 4 wheel drive, selectable.  6 cyl and it LOVED TO PLAY IN THE SNOW...

Mine was RED with black trim, 5 spd manual trans, fun, fun, fun...

When Chrysler absorbed AMC, they discontinued the AMC model of Eagle and built their own model, rear wheel drive, UGH!!  their bad.

AMC struggled for a long time to exist, hoping to find that one car that would put them over the top..  But the Eagle was a good un.""

Picked up a Universal for my Eagle and the Wholesale parts agent mentioned how good these AMC's where and Chrysler should have not dropped them.

Came out of Walmart and a guy was sitting in his new Hybrid and commented on my Eagle. Turns out he is a eagle fan and has a dozen or so in his yard.  Has owned a number of AMX's in the past and wonder if I might be interested in Spirit.  Blamed his wife for what he was driving-lol

Would you believe I got his phone number.

dkoug

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
Re: Love my 82 Eagle Limited Wagon
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 04:11:41 PM »
You were EGG deficient so I added some for such an upbeat post.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline dkoug

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 9
  • 85 Eagle Basic
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 10:06:58 AM »
IowaEagle

Your too Kind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dkoug

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 12:39:37 PM »
              HI  That was a very good story. I like to see story's like this one. Thank you ...........Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk