News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 19, 2024, 09:20:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]
Fuel Systems. / Gronk mc2100 kit
« Last post by BEagle on February 20, 2024, 06:42:29 PM »
Hello everybody. I am new to this forum. I'm looking for any info on how to contact gronk performance for a carb kit to get my eagle project on the road. I've reached out via Facebook but haven't heard back for weeks now. Is gronk still in the carb game? Thanks for reading this
AMC Pictures and Videos. / Re: AMC tour video
« Last post by vangremlin on February 20, 2024, 11:20:24 AM »
Cool!  Thanks for posting!
The Engine / Offy duel plane 5999d intake
« Last post by BEagle on February 20, 2024, 01:00:47 AM »
Hey guys I have an offy 5999d intake manifold. Has anyone ran this intake on there eagles? Just rebuilt my 258 mild build 30over with a comp cam. Thanks in advance
AMC Pictures and Videos. / AMC tour video
« Last post by rmick on February 19, 2024, 04:07:58 PM »
Visitors and Guests / Offy duel plane 5999d intake
« Last post by BEagle on February 18, 2024, 08:34:56 PM »
Hi everyone. I recently enquired a duel port offy intake part# 5999d. Has anyone installed this intake into there eagle? Any insight would be great! Not alot of action on this forum  :hello2:
Suspension, Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tires / Re: Front lower ball joints
« Last post by MIPS on February 18, 2024, 08:21:43 PM »
I did indeed have to change them again. Even with annual greasing and no "heavy" dirt road use they began to develop play.

FYI, read the fine print, these have a lifetime warranty however all warranty claims MUST be honored through whoever you purchased them from and YOU must be the name on the receipt. My first set I bounced through Birdman and as a result they could not honor the warranty without me shipping them back to him first.

The two new lower ball joints, after shipping, taxes and customs came to $700cad, not including the time to install them.
Suspension, Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tires / Re: Front lower ball joints
« Last post by djm3452004 on February 18, 2024, 07:01:36 PM »
Hey MIPS, what the verdict?
Did you end up replacing them again?
Lessons learned? Etc?

I am most likely going down this rabbit hole soon myself so most likely need to order from rareparts are well and pray they still make them.

Cheers

RareParts is currently out of stock of the Eagle lower ball joint (their P/N 10492), but they're listing for $191.75/piece for when they are presumably back in stock.  I have an extra NOS pair for sale and have had them listed here for some time with no one biting.

https://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=47370.0

https://www.rareparts.com/RP10492A-10492-Ball-Joint

Good luck in your search --

David

Body Shop / Re: Hornet/ Concord/ Eagle liftgate hinges
« Last post by Trooper on February 18, 2024, 02:52:04 PM »
I thought I had one but when I found it, it's for the right side. Must be someone here who has one for sale.
Body Shop / Hornet/ Concord/ Eagle liftgate hinges
« Last post by rshellen on February 18, 2024, 01:04:42 PM »
Just picked up a 1975 Hornet Sportabout wagon and yesterday and unfortunately ended up with a broken driver's side hinge on the liftgate.
1. looking for replacement hinges, understand they a hard to come by
2. while searching I ran across am post of someone making replacements from a model, however I didn't see a final post how that worked out -anyone Know if that thread finished.

Thanks
Hatchlings / Re: Going to rebuild brake system - what parts are hard to find?
« Last post by Evenprime on February 18, 2024, 12:43:02 PM »
Another option is to do hydro boost http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=43869.msg353694#msg353694

Now that is an interesting idea I never considered before!!!!!
looks like a great idea.

Thanks for sending me down another rabbit hole!!!! hehe

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk