News:

Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Den.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.  And, if you were you banned at another AMC Eagle Forum and cannot log in here?  Let us know and we will fix it for you. 

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 20, 2018, 02:44:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Project Cars / Re: 1985 Eagle Sedan Fleet model project
« Last post by TEagle85 on Today at 02:19:38 PM »
Got the diffs back, did not get them in before I put 600 miles on the Eagle this weekend. Thats ok, one last hurah for the 2.35 gearing.

How does that gear mesh look?   Thats form the shop and Im not sure if I should spend the time to correct it or if its fine the way it is.

What do you guys think?

makes me more nervous about the front. He said he got it to a point where he was "happy".

Installing a motor oil heat sink behind the front bumper for a little added and needed cooling today.  Cant wait to get these diffs in.

Untitled by T A, on Flickr

AMC Eagles by State/Province/Country / Re: Kentucky Eagles
« Last post by 8Eagle4 on Today at 01:05:02 PM »
hey, nice sedan! I also have an 84 Sedan I just finished restifying, Deep Night Blue, original color. Welcome to the den. gz

Thanks! I just bought mine and will be working on some minor issues over the winter months... putting in a radio and so forth... was ordered new with no factory radio installed.

Do you have any pics of yours to share?
Altered Eagles / Re: The full XJ to Eagle swap process
« Last post by Nightpath on Yesterday at 07:22:03 PM »
The whole XJ exhaust can be used, but where the mount his onto the engine it may need to be heated and massaged to clear.
Project Cars / Re: 4.0 wiring
« Last post by Billman on Yesterday at 02:29:07 PM »
Looks like I should check in more often. Yes please Mick. billminnihan@gmail.com
Project Cars / Re: 84 sedan project (beginners luck)
« Last post by mudkicker715 on September 18, 2018, 09:25:19 PM »
Omg this han't lube in years. Do what you can before you break it.
Transmission Shop / Re: Hurst Shifter
« Last post by amcfool1 on September 17, 2018, 11:39:59 PM »
Hi, I put a B&M Sportshifter into my 82 sedan a few years ago.Worked well for years. good luck, gz
4X4 and Driveline / Re: Front Right axle coming apart
« Last post by mudkicker715 on September 17, 2018, 09:39:51 PM »
I have seen different halfshafts sizes on eagles, but smaller ones were on the 4cyl models. Is there any kind of lift on the front, i know you said alligned to spec.
4X4 and Driveline / Re: Front Right axle coming apart
« Last post by AMC of Houston on September 17, 2018, 09:14:44 PM »
That's weird.    Only question I can think of is: Is the axle the original style axle; or an aftermarket replacement axle with a different style inner CV joint??   Those aftermarket inner CV's don't allow nearly as much in/out "travel" as the original style joints.
Project Cars / Re: 84 sedan project (beginners luck)
« Last post by Murdoc1905 on September 17, 2018, 06:31:36 PM »
Is there a special way to take the side view mirror off to tighten the screw that holds the housing on? I don't want to break anything trying to pry it off. Also is there a way to fix the mirror adjustment cables if they are sticking? Can I poor some wd40 on them?
4X4 and Driveline / Front Right axle coming apart
« Last post by xtcinoz on September 17, 2018, 05:14:57 PM »
The rt front 1/2 axle comes apart when I hit a dip in the road hard enough to pop the front end up and turn left at the same time. Like when you pull out of a driveway through the gutter and accelerate to cross traffic and turn left.  This has happened 6 times now. I have a 83 Eagle Wagon, all the bushings, bearings, etc. have been replaced. And the front end has been aligned to eagle specs, not concord. PLEASE HELP!!! I don't have much hair left to pull out.
Could the problem be shocks? It looks like the shaft was pulled apart.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10