Choose style:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Project Cars / Re: 1980 Eagle Sport STW 258+TF998 "Silver Beast" (from Finland)
« Last post by juhap on Yesterday at 03:35:42 PM »
OK. It is time to dig some rust!

I found some from here...

..and here...

...and under seat belt...

... and this I have found before... Oh yeah! Welding and grinding, that´s life!

Transmission Shop / Re: Is there a cast aluminum transmission pan for the TF998?
« Last post by priya on January 16, 2018, 06:05:32 PM »
Thanks guys  :)
Visitors and Guests / Re: Log In Information.
« Last post by HappyPappy on January 16, 2018, 03:29:23 PM »
If you are or were a member of the AMC Eagle Nest, then your log in information, for the time being, will probably work at the Den.  If you were deleted/banned from the Nest then you will probably need to register as a new member here.   Once you registered and if you were banned from the Nest we may be able to fix the ban once we have more information from you.

We also suggest that once you log in for the first time that you change your password so that it cannot be hijacked by others at the Nest.
Wow, what a change.  Been awhile since I've been on here. Just some info for those looking for a couple of  AMC Eagle's , 4WD< 5 speeds 4 cyl. There are two of them located in Maryland, Aberdeen , Md, to be exact. Going over to look at them next week, will take pictures. If anyone is interested,get back to me by email only at jjl1943@yahoo.com. Will be going first part of the week.
And if you want to check out those reusable hard-plastic O-ringed gaskets, the MOPAR part number is 04295875AC.   Around $15 each delivered on Ebay.
Transmission Shop / Re: Is there a cast aluminum transmission pan for the TF998?
« Last post by eagleman on January 15, 2018, 08:33:57 PM »
priya, I think that's a good choice but never the less my offer stands should you change your mind.
« Last post by priya on January 15, 2018, 08:19:01 PM »
priya, I have a deep stamped steel trans pan I bought from our local Chrysler dealership and installed it on my 86 sedan thinking that would stop the leak. But it still leaked so off it came and I installed the aluminum pan which of course it still leaked because of the shift shaft seal being bad. Anyway I have this deep steel pan and if you want it its yours for the ride. I believe your in Canada and don't know what it would cost to ship but anyway if you want it just let me know and you can pm me your address I'll box it up and take it to the local post office and it will be on its way.

Thanks eagleman.  I think if I change pans I'm going to go with a cast aluminum one but I'll keep your offer in mind.
Off topic / Re: Hang in there forum
« Last post by rmick on January 15, 2018, 06:36:09 PM »
Need to occasionally remind people on F/B to be sure and sign up to the Forum some dont realize it is available a a great resource.
« Last post by AMC1 on January 15, 2018, 05:12:27 PM »
Whichever you choose steel/aluminum will do the job. Keep in the back of your mind that aluminum does warp however, especially in high humidity. I've seen it in my basement where upon putting a straight edge across a part & see the gap. I know your not putting it there but still- - - - .
Off topic / Re: Hang in there forum
« Last post by maddog on January 15, 2018, 03:21:43 PM »
folks just don't pull out a computer and browse forums any more, they use phones and want everything pushed, where a forum is more of a pull. For us older folks who were used to looking up things in encyclopedias and card catalogs, we are used to pulling information, but this is a different era....
hey not all of us younger folk do that, I'm in my mid-30s and I know how to search for stuff (I even know how to use the card catalog).
Project Cars / Re: My 81 Wagon V8 Project
« Last post by juhap on January 15, 2018, 08:18:30 AM »
Yes, I have to rebuild one of my 304´s... this one has been in a CJ for some time and not driven for a over ten years... so...

I´d like to have a T5 instead of automatic, but I´d need a flywheel. 360 would be better alternative, but it is not road legal, too much cubics...

Now i have my Sport Eagle in my garage, so this all preparation can happen at the same time... hope so...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 17 queries.