News:

Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Den.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.  And, if you were you banned at another AMC Eagle Forum and cannot log in here?  Let us know and we will fix it for you. 

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• December 14, 2018, 02:51:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Project Cars / Re: RallyEagle's 82 SX4 Rally car rebuild
« Last post by jebidia24 on Yesterday at 09:13:08 AM »
Very interesting, this has once again given me some new ideas.  Keep up the good work.
Your Eagle(s) / Re: Two Eagles from Norway
« Last post by vangremlin on December 12, 2018, 05:33:16 PM »
Very nice!  Thanks for the picture!
Your Eagle(s) / My Eagles
« Last post by arntkaare on December 12, 2018, 03:55:59 PM »
Two more pictures of my two Eagles.
Your Eagle(s) / Two Eagles from Norway
« Last post by arntkaare on December 12, 2018, 03:51:41 PM »
My two Eagles. A 1980 Wagon and a 1983 SX/4 with 258 inline 6 and five speed manual transmission.
Suspension, Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tires / Re: Front lower ball joints
« Last post by RallyEagle on December 12, 2018, 11:49:34 AM »
So it seems almost everyone is out of these.  Some of the suppliers are asking their manufacturers to start making them again.  So it is wait and see AND do not throw away your old lower ball joints!  I got mine back from the scrap pile so I can at least put the front end back together.  This really bites.  Who know the Achilles heal of an Eagle is a ball joint!
« Last post by RallyEagle on December 12, 2018, 11:46:46 AM »
Rear on this car is the same as the front, both rotors and calipers.  Rear axle is a Dana 35 with standard cover and 4:11 gears.

New rear springs are on order!  Adding a 1" lift.
Electrical / Re: Headlight and Fuse Troubles
« Last post by vangremlin on December 11, 2018, 01:36:35 PM »
Glad you found the problem.  Those ones that are mounted on the floor get subjected to a lot more abuse than the later column mounted variety!!
« Last post by jebidia24 on December 11, 2018, 08:07:30 AM »
Do you know if the rear brake rotors are a stock part off something or did they have to make a custom brake disc hat to fit the caliper and spindle offset offset?  Also can you post a picture of the rear differential cover?
Electrical / Re: Headlight and Fuse Troubles
« Last post by Benheidi55 on December 10, 2018, 10:33:47 PM »
Thank you guys for all the help, turns out it was a bad wire on the plug of the dimmer switch. Fixed that and didn't even need to replace it yet. I may look into the relay setup anyway.
Suspension, Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tires / Re: Front lower ball joints
« Last post by RallyEagle on December 10, 2018, 10:27:57 PM »
AutoZone is out of stock and cannot be ordered according to counter person.  Guess $240 has to spent to Kennedy American for theirs. Ugh.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk