News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 11:19:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1981 amc kammeback!  (Read 6107 times)

Offline youngkyle

• certified license to ill.
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
1981 amc kammeback!
« on: January 09, 2014, 12:17:17 AM »
So if anybody knows me on here, they know i am getting an sx4, but i don't have any eagles yet. so what this is, is an 81 kammeback, what looks like great condition, garage kept, and not mine!  I was browsing craigslist the other day, and noticed this kammeback.  let me tell you this, if I could get this, I would in an instant!  so on to the details!  its yellow, very low rust, (i can't be absolutely sure, you know how much rust likes to play hide and seek!)  45 K miles, manual, all tires, battery, wiper fluid pump, and new stereo, all in 2012, so 2 (1.5? can we really could this year?) years old, but it was garage kept i believe, so its all new.
cosmetically, it has the usual hubcaps, a roof rack, very clean strait interior, tan color.  rear end bumper caps are very good, but there is a hole in one. 
so here's the story.  I was browsing c-list, as i said, and stumbled upon her, but the price was high. (4,000 o.b.o  I emailed him, because i know, even after only being on here for a bit, that unfortunately eagles have a slim market, because they're not valued like this by most people... so with his permission, im posting this for him, knowing it will get more attention here than anywhere else, and an eagle, especially a kammeback ( and one this condition!) should go to a loving home.    I've never done anything like this before, so i dont know exactly how its going to go down, but  just p.m. me if your interested, and ill pass it on.
I felt like doing a good deed, as it was his grandmothers, who recently passed away, and im sure its not something he wants to hold onto for long, and i wanted to help him out.

Price: $4,000 obo

Pics below!

if im forgetting anything, just let me know, or just ask questions, and if your interested, again, just pm me.

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
Re: 1981 amc kammeback!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 02:20:39 AM »
You can post links on here. You won't be scolded! In fact there is a forum section devoted to eBay/Craiglist links. This Eagle has be for sale for several months now. I've emailed the guy many times. Wish I could buy it! I too spread the word about it on the Facebook pages and the other Eagle forum. Here is some affirmatively information.

I just bumped my old post on the AMC Eagle Drivers page on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2236496344/

I guess that's the only place I posted about it. Thought I had posted on the EVO forum, but I guess not.

Here is the Craigslist ad
http://lansing.craigslist.org/cto/4210793700.html

And here is some additional stuff I pulled from my emails with him.

#1 "The car is in great condition an is being driven currently. It is a 4 cylinder and full time 4 wheel drive. There aren't any issues that I know if. Little things have been repaired but nothing major. I am the second owner of the vehicle. The previous owner was my elderly uncle who lost his ability to drive. It's been garaged in Charlevoix, Mi for the past 14 years. It's been driven for the last year and drives great. I see no reason it wouldn't make it long distances.
Thank you for sending this on as it is a very unique vehicle." ...Kind of odd the ad mentions and dead grandma and his email says elderly uncle who can't drive anymore..

#2 "It is a great vehicle. I need to be able to out a car seat in the back and it just isn't a great family car. The machanic shop told me it's the Iron Duke."

#3 "No, not interested in doing any trades. Looking to purchase a new vehicle in the future but not any time soon. I've got two vehicles now and the AMC won't be driven and sitting will not do it any good.
My bottom dollar would be no less than 3500. I feel it is worth all of that figure."

We've had a couple other emails back and forth too and it sounds like he's had several people come look at it so it kind of worried me it hasn't been sold. Is there some bad rust? I don't know. But my sister lives in Lansing and I'd sure like to check it out...and purchase it. And drive it home! :) I was hoping to work a deal with him. I was ready to trade my 2003 Mazda Protege5 and one of my two scooters for it, but he's just interested in the cash.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 02:34:56 AM by Prafeston »
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 09:45:52 AM »
Very nice looking Kammback.  Has the upgraded interior.  No A/C.   Full time 4WD is a good thing.  Price appears reasonable if there is no/minimal rust issues.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 11:56:54 AM »
I was gazing at that S.O.A.R. thing, and noticed there was like no one in lower Michigan, but i have seen a post about someone in traverse city... anyway i did't know if anyone knew about it.  Glad i wasn't the first to know about it, because it does seem very strait.  Prafeston, where do you live, that you were looking at Michigan?  I thought I was all alone up here.

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 12:02:49 PM »
There should be more in WI and MI.  It will take time.

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 12:13:35 PM »
I was gazing at that S.O.A.R. thing, and noticed there was like no one in lower Michigan, but i have seen a post about someone in traverse city... anyway i did't know if anyone knew about it.  Glad i wasn't the first to know about it, because it does seem very strait.  Prafeston, where do you live, that you were looking at Michigan?  I thought I was all alone up here.

Yeah, I just created S.O.A.R. like a month or so ago. So not everyone has signed up yet. I'm guessing some might be leary of putting their info out there. Even though for the most part it is hidden and I have made the Phone # and email address optional.

Kyle, my location is set on my profile. I live in Mid-Missouri, but I got wind of this cause people know I've been looking for a Kammy and I think I just saw someone else post it elsewhere in passing. And like I said my sister lives in Michigan so that's why I've taken an interest. Just wish it could be a more serious interest!

Doug, anyway we can get out location to show under our avatar in the forum so you don't have to dig into peoples profile to find it? That is if we have the location part filled out in our profile. Otherwise I guess I could add it to my signature.

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 12:18:19 PM »
You can add it to your signature info.  I kind of use my weather bug thing to tell folks where I am.  Or you can simply type it in.  Let me look somewhere else to see if this can be done more easily.

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 02:18:32 PM »
Yeah, I'm planning on doing a lot of that stuff, like S.O.A.R. and somewhere there was a post that showed members and their eagles.. on the wiki i think?  well that doesn't mater, but i'm holding out on that till i have mine.  I'm also planning on a road trip story, hopefully loaded with pics. 
my only problem with this kammeback, is the color.  I just don't like the "mustard yellow" color.  whats an upgraded interior? also while i'm on the subject, are those sport mirrors? probably not, but as far as I've learned, or thought I've learned, the sport mirrors were metal or something? 

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 02:27:35 PM »
As far as I know all Eagle mirrors are metal. Those are just base model mirrors though. The square chrome ones. Sport mirrors are more oval/tear drop shaped and usually found in Black. Though I think they did come in Chrome as well.

Sport Black

Sport Chrome

Standard Square

Hideous "Bronco" Style Mirrors I don't think these were an option, but for some reason you'll find them occasionally on an Eagle.

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 02:29:35 PM »
Yup., chrome ones could be found.  Ambassador mirrors were color matched to the body color.

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 02:34:19 PM »
well that clears that up.. I thought it was just chrome.. never even noticed oval ones.  what about the upgraded interior

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 02:38:03 PM »
If an Eagle is marked as Limited it came with leather seats. Other than that I think it was just customer choice on the non-limiteds. I think there was all vinyl ones and I think there was also vinyl with plaid inserts. As far as I know the SX/4s didn't come in the Limited trim...

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 02:43:40 PM »
SX/4's and kammbacks came in DL trim as well as base, no Limiteds..  Sports were upgraded DL SX/4's. 

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk