News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 12, 2024, 01:18:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not a fan of the sedan  (Read 47306 times)

Offline brownbear

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
Not a fan of the sedan
« on: November 22, 2010, 09:04:57 AM »
[img]Here it is my 3rd eagle.  I used to have an 82 kammback and a 84 wagon limited, but I was never a fan of the sedan cuz of the vinyl roof.  I couldn't pass this one up seeing how rare and how clean it was.  I have found no real rust anywhere, still has the manual, and the original bill of sales.  All original so far, 122,000 miles, automatic, new headliner, interior is mint, cruise control, AC and the 258.  Not sure why but I don't have the aluminum valve cover on it.  Low miles and no rust are the only good things about this sedan.  Now for the bad, roof is shot, front seats are shot, doors are loose, don't know if the 4x4 works, bad valve cover leaks, exhaust is shot from the manifold on back, gas gauge bounces, missing molding inside the front doors where the windows roll into, cruise don't work, radio is shot, clear coat is coming off the hood, needs a grill, side mirrors are shot, fender has a good size dent, looks like a leak around the windshield and some rust under the vinyl top.  Almost made it home from a 3 hr. drive with no problems, until about 15 minutes from my house the car just started to shake violently and I had to slow down and pull over.  Bad shaking, pulling to the right, squeaking and grinding types of sounds from the front.  I barley made it home, so instead of doing some fun updates to the eagle I now have to drop more money than expected into the mysterious front end problem.  Eagle still looks good though........  I want to send Pics. just not sure how yet?

Offline Memphis Eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Re: Not a fan of the sedan
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 09:18:09 AM »
I use Photobucket...Once you upload your pics to PB, you will see your individual pics with link codes at the bottom of every pic...I always use the bottom link ( copy and paste method) to post pics on the forums...try that and see if it works for you. ;)

Offline brownbear

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 09:22:12 AM »
is there any other way, I'm cheap and don't want to spend the money.......

Offline thereverendbill

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 09:30:33 AM »
photobucket is free as long as you don't put too many photos on it (I have over 100 and still havn't needed to upgrade)
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline Memphis Eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 09:35:10 AM »
beat me to the punch Bill...yea its free...I don't like to have a lot of pics floating in cyber space so after I post I usually delete files from photobucket to free up space and have never had an issue

Offline brownbear

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 09:50:07 AM »
I'll try again, but they wanted $2.99 from me........just go to photobucket.com?

Offline thereverendbill

• Thumbs Up 85
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 09:54:10 AM »
beat me to the punch Bill...yea its free...I don't like to have a lot of pics floating in cyber space so after I post I usually delete files from photobucket to free up space and have never had an issue
I can do alot while sitting at home waiting for the battary to charge in the eagle ..... turns out I have/had a bad wire to the alternator
I'll try again, but they wanted $2.99 from me........just go to photobucket.com?
yep, photobucket.com ...... if that fails to work I know that myspace will host photos for ya
1983 SX/4 SOLD

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline brownbear

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 10:12:29 AM »
http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i371/brownbear87/eagleframe.jpg[/IMG]/albums/i371/brownbear87/eagleframe.jpg[/IMG]

Offline brownbear

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 10:14:35 AM »

Offline brownbear

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 10:15:42 AM »

Offline thereverendbill

• Thumbs Up 85
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 10:16:21 AM »
ya did good. so there's 1 egg for great looking underbody, and 1 for the uber cool mad maxx exhaust :P
1983 SX/4 SOLD

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline brownbear

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 10:17:54 AM »

Offline brownbear

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18