News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 07, 2024, 09:30:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: another eagle on the road  (Read 1707 times)

Offline thereverendbill

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
another eagle on the road
« on: August 20, 2011, 09:35:35 PM »
My wife's been having problems with her minivan (like usual) so this morning I had to run her to work in my eagle (she refuses to just take the car).  About 5 minutes into our trip I spotted a tan wagon and at the next light we where side by side.  I honked the horn and waved and it turns out it was my neighbors back when i was a child (they had a 4 door sedan back then).  I continued on my trek to get my wife to work and she pulled in behind me in the parking lot and we got to talking.  The eagle she is now driving is a 1988 model that her and her husband bought in early 88 because the eagle dealership tipped them off in 87 that the eagle was going to be dis continued.  they stored the car in the garage and continued to drive the 4 door sedan until the doglegs went to heck and then started driving the 88 only on the nice days.  She told me that I need to get up to their place with my wagon so her husband can take a good look at it.  Pictures will come in the near future (she didn't want me to snap and share photos of the car cause she hasn't had a chance to clean it)     
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline 83Eagle!

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 179
Re: another eagle on the road
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 10:19:47 AM »
Sounds like a great sighting.  Looks like might have another resource for Eagles
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk