News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 28, 2024, 10:57:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AMCs in the media  (Read 295019 times)

Offline Jurjen

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 168
  • Dutch Eagle Preservation Front
Re: AMCs in the media
« Reply #195 on: December 24, 2009, 10:35:20 AM »
I know it is possible, if the carwash is closed, you can always wash it by hand ;D
"sparrows fly in flocks, eagles fly alone"

Eagle Wagon Limited 1983, Citroen C-Crosser 2010, Triumph Bonneville 1969, Yamaha XJR1300 1999, Yamaha TX750 1973

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf0jpiW6tRI

Click for Leeuwarden, Netherlands Forecast" height="90" width="160

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #196 on: December 24, 2009, 07:09:45 PM »
I know it is possible, if the carwash is closed, you can always wash it by hand ;D
Now that's FUNNY, even here in America

ScottD961

« Reply #197 on: December 24, 2009, 11:01:38 PM »
IIRC the wrecked version is actually a Concord

I forgot about that... never noticed it. That must have been in the "alternate" present day 1985, huh?
  I never could figure out why, when Marty went from 1955 to 1888 to rescue Doc from being shot they had trouble fixing the Delorean. When Marty went back to 1888 an Indian arrow punctures the gas line right? So Marty leaves it in a cave & goes off to find Doc. They then try to run the Deloren, that Marty came to 1888 in from 1955, on Moon shine right ? & the car supposedly blows the intake manifold or fuel injection unit. At that point of the movie there are now 2 Delorean's in 1888 ! The car that  Doc got sent back in time to 1955  in when lightning struck him flying around above Marty , as well as the car Marty went back to get Doc in. Just like in the second movie you had two Doc's & two Marty's.  So the question is why didn't they get parts off of the Delorean Doc had hidden in the mine & THEN go back to the future (1985)? Because the movie just would have ended there , that's why! LOL
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 11:04:48 PM by ScottD961 »

Offline Eagle Kammback

• Kenosha Cadillac
  • Thumbs Up 32
    • Car Crazy Central profile
« Reply #198 on: December 25, 2009, 08:02:17 AM »
Never think about time travel too much, you will go mad, then your head will implode
MMN2 Burnett
1983 AMC Eagle Wagon Project
1979 AMX that will probably never run
1993 Jeep Cherokee (Rest in peace)

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #199 on: December 25, 2009, 11:19:21 AM »
Back in 74 my dad was a construction superintendent for a swimming pool company and had a 74 Hornet as a company vehicle. I just found out yesterday that his boss bought a few AMC Hornets for the fleet right after seeing "The Man with the Golden Gun". He told my dad he could go from job to job like James Bond. I guess movie marketing does work.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

ScottD961

« Reply #200 on: December 25, 2009, 02:37:16 PM »
Never think about time travel too much, you will go mad, then your head will implode
RIGHT !  My head has already imploded, so I'm off to clean up the mess.BTW I didn't mean to hi Jack the thread but all this talk about the mistake with that car & being switched because of the dif hoods in the movie got me to thinking about that again.

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
« Reply #201 on: December 25, 2009, 09:35:04 PM »
If you go back in time and kill an ancestor how could you have been born to go back in time etc.
What happens if you go back in time and meet yourself?
Sorry 'bout that.  I read a lot of science fiction.
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline Eagle Kammback

• Kenosha Cadillac
  • Thumbs Up 32
« Reply #202 on: December 26, 2009, 08:18:34 PM »
If you go back in time to specifically do something, and you do it, that means you never would have had to go back and do that, which means you won't do it........
MMN2 Burnett

Offline truckboy13

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #203 on: December 26, 2009, 09:29:10 PM »
If you go back in time to specifically do something, and you do it, that means you never would have had to go back and do that, which means you won't do it........
very good point dude.
1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL- Old Daily driver now has a new transmission and will become a daily driver again once I start on my eagle.

1986 Chevy 1 Ton non-dually regular cab-I miss that old truck :(.

1985 AMC Eagle Wagon- My new daily driver that has started an AMC obsession

" It's an AMC thing... normal people wouldn't understand"

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #204 on: December 28, 2009, 02:52:10 AM »
If you go back in time and kill an ancestor how could you have been born to go back in time etc.
What happens if you go back in time and meet yourself?
Sorry 'bout that.  I read a lot of science fiction.

According to the BAck to the Future idea, you could go back in time and meet yourself as long as you are able to handle the stress of the meeting (i.e. Jennifer just fainted). 

However, using the "logic" of another time travel movie, Time policeman, the same matter cannot occupy the same space at the same time (which doesn't really make sense when you think about the statement).  In that movie the villain travels in time to meet with his future self, and the two versions of him are pushed together.  Then they cease to exist.  So you could meet yourself if time trael was possible as long as you didn't shake hands or have any contact. 

Man that is a freaky thought.  If I met myself we'd either get a long great or absolutely hate each other.  That would be interesting to find out.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Smitch

« Reply #205 on: January 09, 2010, 03:16:00 PM »
I saw either a Concord or a Hornet on a 2000 made for TV movie called...Meat Loaf: To HeII and Back.

Offline Eagle Kammback

• Kenosha Cadillac
  • Thumbs Up 32
« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2010, 05:28:54 PM »
I got Woodstock on dvd (OK, that movie blew my mind, especially Ten Years After - I'm Going Home) there is some great footage of cars, and I think I saw a Rambler Classic in one scene (or should I say half of one scene, watch it and you'll find out why)
MMN2 Burnett

Offline Eagle Kammback

• Kenosha Cadillac
  • Thumbs Up 32
« Reply #207 on: February 06, 2010, 10:44:07 PM »
Watching The French Connection, there was a scene with people auctioning on cars, a Rambler 4 Door Sedan sells for $25
MMN2 Burnett

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #208 on: February 19, 2010, 03:13:34 PM »
Dante's Peak, near the beginning of the movie, when Linda Hamilton and pierce brosnan are First heading up to Her ex-grandmother's place (whoever) they have a shot of the yard when Linda and Pierce first pull in, and in the yard, I could have sworn I saw an Eagle Wagon.  It's in the right corner of the movie.

I just saw it on tv (On AMC Network) and I can't rewind to check it.  Anyone got this movie, and can verify it?

I also remember The first Terminator movie, when that Gremlin was stolen from the police station, and then they ran outta gas, then it was smashed by Arnold in the tanker truck.  I also remember 'The Man With The Golden Gun' and Roger Moore stole that Hornet outta the dealership, and did that jump across that stream (or whatever it was)

And the commericals for the swiffer duster...

And the Garth Mobile - A Pacer on Wayne's World. 

Kinda cool catching those old AMC's on movies.  You guys are much better at spotting them, then I am.

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2010, 03:28:35 PM »
The Sandra Bullock movie....About Steve ??? something like that, she hitches a ride a in the back of a Gremlin, lol.
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk