News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 08:37:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1st time AMC owner, new to Den  (Read 3897 times)

Offline eaglehaslanded

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
1st time AMC owner, new to Den
« on: September 11, 2017, 04:02:20 PM »
Good Day,

I recently purchased an 81 Eagle wagon Sport and I am completely numb to AMC sources or forums.  I am traditionally a Mopar guy, own a 57 Dodge and always had Chrysler vehicles including 3 Chrysler Eagles from 1988 to last year 1992.  I welcome any advice you can give, links of interest, parts sources.  I am badly in need of an air cleaner cover (lid).

Thanks a bunch.
David

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: 1st time AMC owner, new to Den
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 05:33:40 PM »
Welcome to the Den!  We'd love to see some pictures of your new ride!!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline hillbilly

• Formerly ozarkrebel
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
  • Gate City, VA
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 02:18:41 AM »
I too am a mopar fanatic, but after owning my eagle for 6yrs. I am an AMC Eagle fanatic as well. This is the best forum for AMC Eagles. As for parts Rockauto, Rambler Dan's, American Parts Depot,rustfreeparts.com is your best bet for the air cleaner.

Offline rmick

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 40
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 09:27:46 PM »
I have an air cleaner and lid
72 Javelin AMX
72 Javelin SST
72 Gremlin with 4.0
81 SX 4

Offline JONAS78028

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 09:58:14 AM »
I recently purchased an 81 Eagle wagon Sport and I am completely numb to AMC sources or forums.
I'm new to these cars too.   My wife ran across our Eagle and just had to have it.  I am finding that it's easy to work on and it's a cool car that confuses most people who have no idea what it is.   ;D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:00:22 AM by JONAS78028 »
1983 Eagle Wagon 6 cylinder/Automatic 4x4

Offline Senor_taco

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • If I replace every part its a new car right?
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 05:00:15 PM »
Welcome to the Den!  :occasion14:
1972 Buick skylark custom convertible
1980 AMC eagle 2 door sport

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 07:31:23 PM »
Welcomes

Manitowoc WI

Offline trucker79005

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 07:39:25 PM »
I recently purchased an 81 Eagle wagon Sport and I am completely numb to AMC sources or forums.
I'm new to these cars too.   My wife ran across our Eagle and just had to have it.  I am finding that it's easy to work on and it's a cool car that confuses most people who have no idea what it is.   ;D

Every time I had thoughts of getting rid of my Concord over the last 30 years I would just take it for a drive and stop at a convenience store and usually a younger person would say "cool car! What is it???" Its a lot of fun
Laura (Shorty)
1978 AMC Concord 2DR Hatchback w/ Ralley package
1983 AMC Eagle Wagon Limited w/ 5 speed
1971 Ford F250:)

Offline eaglehaslanded

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 10:45:31 PM »
I found it difficult to figure out how to post a picture and how to reply to individual replies to my post.  Thanks for the welcome and all the responses, and sorry for my not replying.  I found the reply button, maybe it will work.

User "Mick": did you say you have a lid?  If easier can you please e-mail me at [email protected]?

I tried some of the sources suggested but no luck.

David

Offline eaglehaslanded

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 10:48:19 PM »
OK, that looks like it worked.  I guess you can't reply to a specific reply, it gets posted as a general one. 

I pick up the car tomorrow from the shop and that will be the first opportunity to take a picture.  Now I have to figure out how to attach a photo.

Hopefully Mick will see my reply on the lid.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk